Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Little Chatterbox

Ok, before I rehash the weekend's events, major shout-out to my friend, Dette, for reminding me I hadn't posted this week AND I forgot about last week!

With a person on my team on vacation this week, it's been rather hectic at work. On top of that...I found out today that I have a severe herniated disc. Fortunately for me, I won't have to have surgery. I will be going to a "pain management specialist" this week to get a steroid shot to help with the pain. The doctor has me on several meds for the next few weeks and strict orders to be very careful with my back. If I follow these instructions I will be well on the mend.

So, two weeks ago, we went to visit our friends' Pam and Tim in Austin. We met their precious baby boy, Jack, and also got to enjoy their brand new house! Noah was a little frightened of their boxer, Roxy, but I couldn't blame him. If a dog could look me in the eye, I'd be pretty intimidated too! Of course, Roxy is a sweetheart and by the end of the weekend, Noah could tolerate her. They also have a cat that Noah insisted was a dog. He was much more willing to associate with her, I think since she resembled the small dogs he's used to. And best of all, she'd let Noah pet her!

It was a rather wet weekend, but that didn't stop us from getting out to a Taste of Austin. Despite the weather, we had a great (and wet) time trying lots of good food. With the weather the way it was, we opted to spend the evening in, but that was ok with us! We watched lots of football and played with the kiddos. Noah did pretty well with baby Jack (and he loved playing with his toys). He didn't pay him much mind until I was holding him. It will be interesting when we decide to give Noah a brother or sister. I'm not quite sure how he's going to respond...In case you are wondering, no, no little brothers or sisters on the way at the moment!

Isn't he a cutie?
(and Jack's adorable too!) :-)
This is what we did for entertainment Saturday night.

After getting home Sunday, we cleaned up the house and readied ourselves for another busy week! Monday is when I had my MRI and was referred to a specialist (which I saw today).
As for the week, we survived it. Tuesday was my first night for my Women's Supper Club. It's with a bunch of ladies I work with and we had such a good time. We each take a month to host and then provide the group with the theme and what they need to bring. It's so nice to have a break from the week and to unwind with friends. I'm hosting in December. Gosh, I wonder what theme I'll pick?!
Oh, so there's story about the picture below. And before you ask, no, Noah did not go to school with this outfit. He got something on his red shirt, so he was changed into something clean.
You probably notice the gi-normous balloon that Noah is holding? That is a product of Daddy's guilt. Apparently, last Wednesday when I was out with friends, Noah was not the best behaved. I had gotten him a balloon, Sunday, since he was such a good boy over the weekend. Since he was being particularly difficult this night, daddy got mad and popped his balloon right in front of him. Now, I agree that if Noah was bad, then we would get rid of the balloon (I probably wouldn't have done it in front of him however).
We would usually put his balloon in the closet once he went to bed and would get it out the next day. Well, even after the balloon was popped, every morning for the next several days, Noah would point to the closet and ask for his balloon. I told Mike not to worry about it (because frankly, Noah is a beast with a balloon - he eats with it, bathes with it and would sleep with it if we let him) but Mike felt so bad, he kept insisted he needed to get him a new one.
I come home Wednesday night from a business dinner and discover that Mike had gotten Noah this balloon.
If you're wondering, yes, the balloon is still alive and yes, it's driving us nuts! I'm sure it will still be going strong (b/c helium takes FOREVER to deflate) this weekend and possibly next. Unless of course, Noah makes daddy mad and he pops it again. :-)
Friday night I had my ladies poker night and I took 2nd! Yay! I didn't think I'd place at all and things just started going in my favor. Another fun night out! I so appreciate my wonderful husband. He's been so helpful (esp. with my back trouble) and taking on munchkin so I could enjoy myself with friends over these past few weeks. I'm very lucky and I owe him one!
Over the weekend, we didn't do too much. We went suit shopping for Mike as he needs one for a wedding he's in a few weeks from now. That got us out of the house at least.
Noah is doing so much better at entertaining himself. Don't get me wrong, his first choice is attention from mommy and daddy but since we can't do that all the time, we're happy he can play on his own.
We were in the kitchen and I was preparing dinner when I got this on film:

For some reason, we can't get Noah to complete words, but at least he's got the first part of them down! All in due time I suppose.
Oh, so one big step we are taking is weaning Noah off the pacifier. He was supposed to only get it at bed time and we started giving it to him over the weekends at nap time. That was a mistake as he started wanting it earlier and longer. So, we figured it was about time to let it go before it got worse.
At first, it was extremely difficult because any time we'd change him or get him ready for bed, he'd whine and search for it until we gave it to him, or throw a tantrum even. Somehow, over the weekend, we got him ready for bed and rocking before we realized he didn't have it. He didn't seem to fuss over it and so now it's been several days. Go us! It looks like he's replaced the pacifier with a blanket (he likes to suck on it a little bit) but that's ok. I imagine that will stop in due time. As long as we can keep it going, we will be in good shape!
Ok, sorry for the "book" this time. I will do my best not to go so long without writing!
We are very much looking forward to this weekend, when Grandpa and Grandma Reichert come for a visit and are bringing Aunt Megan and her boyfriend. The weather should be pretty nice (below 90 at least!).
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah

1 comment:

  1. Yah! Thank you for the post - I finally got my Noah fix! Good luck with your back, I can't even imagine! Take care. Love from Colorado - D

    ReplyDelete