Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Welcome to 2010

If this is what 2010 is about - then I can handle it. This was the first weekend we really didn't know what to do with ourselves. Clean house -check; house organized - check; food in the fridge; check. Ok, so this probably won't be how the rest of the year goes, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
As you know, we have been diligently working to get the house in order, making repairs, cleaning, etc. that when this weekend rolled around, we were quite sure what to do. Don't get me wrong, we had a few more minor things to finish up before posting the sign in our yard and getting our house posted online, but they were easy enough to complete. Saturday we opted to run some errands and enjoy lunch out. We thought we'd try to put Noah in his new outfit from Grandpa Blick. Surprisingly, the hat was a little too big for him. I got a couple of cute pictures though.



We dined at Mongolian Grill for lunch and then spent the rest of the day at the house. Saturday night we had a new experience - we had a big bout with baby barf. About 10pm I was getting ready for bed and I thought I heard Noah cry. It's not the first time he has woken up and gotten upset. I turned on the monitor and he was just sitting there. I decided I'd go in and get him to lay back down. When I went to caress his face - I felt...stuff. I turn on the light and Noah has thrown up all over his bed, himself, blankets, etc. This caught me by surprise as he had no signs of not feeling well. Mike came in and I took care of cleaning up Noah while he cleaned the bed. It was GROSS. All I could think about was all the times my mom took care of me and that this was just the beginning. My heart goes out to mothers everywhere (and dads too) and my sincere appreciation for all the barf you had to deal with as your children grew up! It obviously scared Noah pretty bad as he was sobbing and shaking. Once we got him changed, I rocked him while Mike finished cleaning the bed. Just as he was getting settled...uh oh, here it comes again! This time it was all down the front of my shirt - inside and out. Again...GROSS. Mike took Noah while I took a quick shower. After that second bout, it appeared to be over. We got Noah settled back in bed and he slept the rest of the night. Sunday he seemed fine but wouldn't eat. I think he may have been afraid he would throw up again. We got him to eat a peanut butter sandwich but that was it. His behavior otherwise was fine so I'm led to believe that he had food poisoning from lunch (along with a bunch of phlegm in his tummy) versus being sick. He barely ate lunch yesterday (and no dinner) so his appetite hasn't quite come back but he seems no worse for the wear.
We did get our sign posted in the yard yesterday and it is official - our house is for sale!! We are having our first open house on Sunday so hopefully we'll have a good turnout and potentially generate some interest. Mike, Noah and I toured two homes on Sunday, one of which we really liked. The area was perfect (Plano) and the size was good. The house did have a pool, which we aren't crazy about, but we could warm to the idea. Not sure if it will be on the market or not when we're ready but I'm sure we'll find the right house when the time comes.
Noah brought a book home from school yesterday (he gets very attached so his teachers let him borrow). It was another "Brown Bear" series where they always start out with a color and an animal like, "Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?" Noah loves to say the "see" part, which is super cute. He also learned a new animal - the Red Fox. Mike and I can't stop laughing when he says it though because it comes out "FOC", which as you can tell, sounds very similar to a not-so-nice word. We shouldn't laugh which only encourages him (he has no idea why) but we cannot help ourselves. I'm sure it will be another story when its in public and embarrasses us.
Anyway, that's it for this weekend. Looking forward to the 3-day this next week where both Mike and I have Monday off for MLK day. What will we do with our time now that the house is always clean and organized? :-) I'm sure we'll figure something out.
Happy week,
Corri, Mike and Noah

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the house selling and hunting! Let me know how you possibly keep a house tidy with a toddler and all their CRAP! ya know, just in case I should ever have to do it too!

    ReplyDelete