Monday, February 1, 2010

On The Hunt

As promised, here is a picture of Noah in his new bed. It hasn't been the smoothest transition. He is still getting up in the middle of the night and coming to our door, but I think we're making progress. It could be in part to him not feeling well. That's what I tell myself anyway.


This weekend went as quickly as it came. Friday night was my monthly game of poker with the girls. I was the first one out - just couldn't catch a break. I was kind of ok with that though as the inspector came early Saturday morning and we were to begin our house hunting adventure. Matt and Emily were kind enough to watch Noah while we went in search of our "dream home." It's hopefully still out there because we didn't see it on Saturday. We wrapped up around 12:30 because we had a 2 year old's birthday party to attend at the Museum of Nature and Science at Fair Park (that is DOWNTOWN). We picked up Noah, who seemed to have a great time with Matt and Emily. I could have kicked myself for not bringing the camera. There were all these little kiddos running around exploring the place. There was a section just for little ones which was nice. Noah didn't want to participate in anything and avoided other kids when possible. He's not turning into the social butterfly that I'd hoped. Maybe in due time. After all the explorations, they enjoyed juice and cake and got to take home a goodie bag too.
We had errands to run that night and I had lasagna to make for my friend Julie. We were to deliver it on Sunday. She had surgery a few weeks ago so friends had been volunteering to take her food since she shouldn't be driving.
Dana came over on Sunday and literally spent all day with Noah, which we were very grateful! She wasn't feeling well and Noah was a little under the weather himself. What a pair!
We were out for 4 1/2 hours, and again, no houses...At least none that Mike and I could agree on. We were in North Dallas, Plano and even Frisco. It was a little defeating but Peggy, our realtor, assures us we'll find the right place.

We enjoyed our own lasagna for dinner last night and before we knew it, it was time to prepare for the week. Noah had been running a fever all weekend and last night was no exception. His temperament seems to be ok. He's only been eating about one meal a day, but he lets us know when he's hungry. I took him to the doctor last week and he figures he has bronchiolitis. He gave us some cough medicine samples but failed to mention that could cause constipation. We didn't realize it until his teacher mentioned it to me and we'd been feeding him the stuff for 3 days. Poor kid was crying in pain for 3 days! It helped his cough but we seemed to trade one issue for another. I'd prefer to endure the coughing than the crying so we stopped the medicine. Since he's had a fever, we had to keep him home from daycare. I'm with him now but he seems like he'll be fine to head back to school tomorrow.
It will be a very nice, short week since Mike and I took off on Friday. We had planned to spend the day with family and get Noah's 2 year pictures taken. Since we didn't have any luck with the house hunt this weekend, we'll probably use Friday and possibly Sunday to go out again. We really need to find something this weekend and I hope we don't have to force too many compromises. Worst case, my sister ends up with 3 new roommates for a while!

We are very much looking forward to the weekend and spending it with family as we celebrate Noah's 2nd birthday. Where has the time gone?!

Have a great week and safe travels to our family.
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment