Ok, yes, I know, I'm way overdue to report on Mother's Day weekend. So much has gone on since then, I hope I can remember!
Overall, it was a beautiful weekend. Saturday morning, Mike and I took Noah to the Frisco Farmer's market (it was rather tiny, so we didn't stay long) but it was a beautiful day and Noah received a balloon. All was right with the world for him! After the market, we went to the largest park in Frisco - Frisco Commons. They have a huge playground which Noah loved going down the slide and swinging. We also got to see ducks and turtles near the water. Noah was in heaven, as were we, just getting to spend time together as a family.
We finally got Noah to where a hat (well, some of the time anyway).
Down the slide we go!
My sweet angel!
Mike was sweet enough to do all of the housework and let me relax and do what I wanted. I spent a fun evening out Friday with my sister, having some girl time while shopping. I can't remember the last time I did that!
Mike made me dinner that night and by Sunday morning, I got to sleep in and then was brought breakfast in bed!
I received beautiful tulips, some wonderful cards from both Mike and Noah and a mani/pedi GC that I used that day with my sister.
Mike had to go to class that night so Dana treated Noah and I to dinner and we just hung out. I was a very spoiled mama!!
Noah now always says "I la (love) you mama" which is such a wonderful sound to hear! Even when he makes you crazy, he just has to say those few words to melt your heart! He challenges us constantly these days.
We had Noah's teacher conference. We learned that Noah is a leader in class, loves to help his teachers, adores one of them (Ms. Nancy), is very compassionate and friendly. He counts in English and in Spanish and loves to talk about animals in Spanish. We are quite impressed with his verbal and language skills! On the down side, he has quite a temper - he loves to throw things and slap if he doesn't get his way (I'm sure he gets all of this from his father - I have no idea how else he could possess these bad qualities). His teacher feels this is all part of the terrible twos and nothing we have to worry about at this point in time. They also believe some of his acting out may be due to knowing about the new baby. I'm not sure how a 2 year old can understand but they have experience with this sort of thing so I'll have to take their word.
He's been very fickle lately - first he wants something, then he doesn't, then he does again, etc. He was irritating me so much in the car one day, I turned to him and said "stop being a brat!" He looked at me, began to fake cry and said "not nice mommy!" I had to laugh at that - he was very right! I did apologize but that kid sure can push our buttons!
I'll write soon on this past weekend - lots to share!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah











No comments:
Post a Comment