I had my 29 week check up yesterday and I couldn't report better news! I was THRILLED to find out I do not have Gestational Diabetes this time around! You have no idea what a huge relief that is for me! Of course, now I have to use my own willpower to control my weight gain. This is not an easy thing.
So far, the baby is progressing very nicely. He's 3.3 lbs and currently breach. The doctor said there's still plenty of time to right himself so I'm going to assume that will be the case. Apparently his head is rather large (which concerns me a bit) but hopefully it will even out as he grows. He continues to be very active so there is never a time I "forget" he's there. :-) It's tougher than I thought to be pregnant in the summer. While I'm just 7 months, I feel like I sweat all the time. Oh the joys.
In speaking with the doctor, she was fine with scheduling an induction so we plan to meet this little person on Wed. Nov. 3. You know me, I love having a date to work from! Noah seems to be more accepting of a little brother these days and he'll even pat my belly and say "baby." He, however, has not been very helpful in determining a name. We have a couple out there that could work, but nothing has stuck so far. I think we're actually going to wait until he's born and see what he "looks like." Normally I would not be a fan of this approach but I don't want to settle with something I'm not completely happy with (for all our sakes!)
On another note, we had a breakthrough at school today with Noah! He actually told his teacher he had to go potty! This is a first and I was so excited to hear the progress. I had to force him on the potty this am (which is what they told me I'd have to do) b/c he knows what he needs to do, he's just lazy. I suppose I'd be the same way if I had someone changing me all the time. I think this weekend we're going to brave the "big boy" underwear. With Mike and Dana both out of town, we're on our own and I don't anticipate us leaving the house much. It should be the perfect opportunity to try it out. It could be the best decision or the worst mistake I make but only time will tell!
That's all for now!
xo,
Corri, Mike and Noah
No comments:
Post a Comment