Sunday, September 21, 2008

We're Just Not That Lucky

So, I survived my 4 days away from Noah and Mike in San Diego. Before I went, I got a picture of my two favorite boys. Aren't they adorable!! (I think Noah has Mike's eyes!)

Overall, the iMedia Summit was good. I was able to spend time with my best friend, Christy and it wasn't ALL work! We went sailing on Monday afternoon which was amazing! We also got to see Joel McHale, host of E's Talk Soup, perform Tuesday night. He was VERY funny and we also got his autograph and pictures taken with him (which Christy needs to send me!) He has two sons (one is Noah's age) and he worked them into his routine. Nothing gets me laughing like the antics of a 3 year old!
Wednesday I was very anxious to get back home and had a very uneventful trip (thank goodness)! Noah was pretty happy to see me, and so was Mike! Thursday morning we had a minor crisis. Noah's daycare provider called us at 6:30am informing us she was sick. This posed quite a problem since I had been out of the office for 3 days and had back-to-back meetings I could not miss. Mike also had meetings so he could not take off of work either. We are so blessed to have wonderful family members near by! My sister saved our lives and was able to watch Noah in the morning until noon, when Mike could pick him up. We owe her so much!
Friday we were struck with more bad news, again with Noah's daycare provider. She has decided not to take care of another little girl, about Noah's age and with that, has informed us she has to increase her rates. We are already paying on the high side so it's just not feasible for us. It looks like we may have to AGAIN find a new sitter for Noah! He has done really well adapting and I think he really enjoys Annie's place. She does a lot with him and we were blessed to have her. We can only hope that we will be fortunate to find someone else who will connect with Noah and where he can be happy. The search continues...
Friday night we had a very low key evening just the three of us. Saturday morning, Noah and I enjoyed waking Daddy up. You can see Noah lovin' on Mike!
Mike spent some time at the lake with friends while Noah and I enjoyed my sister's company watching a movie at our house. Saturday night, Matt came over to watch Noah so Mike and I could enjoy grown-up time with our friends, Dean and Klaire.
Mike, Noah and I tried out a new church on Sunday, a little closer to home, which helps us on time and gas! It was pretty good, although VERY packed. We may try it again at a new time. Next week we're going to try yet another one in hopes we can find a new "home" close to home!
Here's Noah playing after church.
That's it for this weekend! Shout out to my friend Karen as today was her birthday! Hope it was a good one!
Everyone have a great week and happy FALL!
Love,
Corri, Mike and Noah

2 comments:

  1. Hey Punk! You didn't tell me you got to see Joel McHale! I love The Soup and he always crakes me up! I'm glad you enjoyed the performance:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I had bookmarked your page, but specifically on July so I kept thinking you weren't posting anything new...Oops! I can't believe how big he is and that I still haven't met him in person. Bad friend! Maybe we can do lunch some Saturday, although between weddings and family visits, we're booked for a while. You should bring him to work one day so we can do lunch. :) (Just kidding - unless you think you could get away with it?! I have coworkers who've done it, but I also work in a small company so I know the corporate climate is a bit different!)

    ReplyDelete