So, first things first. All weather forecasts predicted a hard hit for Dallas from Hurricane Ike today and tomorrow. We were very fortunate as it has rained pretty hard today but we only received about 1" and most of the really bad stuff was still east of us. This really put me at ease since I have to travel tomorrow and you know how much I HATE to fly!
Earlier this week Noah took an interest in a new toy; well, new to him but it's actually really old. Mom brought up a toy that I had played with as an infant. How fun to now see my child entertained by the same thing that once entertained me. :-)
We've also been having fun with food. Noah has been doing so great with his solids and finger foods, we decided it was time to introduce him to a spoon. He likes it but only when he gets to pick it up himself. He does NOT like it if you force him to hold it. Dinner times are very messy but I guess that's the price we pay if we ever want him to feed himself.
Noah has also taken a fascination with faces and his new favorite toy is this little plastic mirror we have. He likes to look at himself but he actually prefers to wave and suck on the thing more.
Saturday was a pleasant day for the Reicherts. We enjoyed spending the entire day together. We drove out to the Galleria (yes in the crazy rain) and wandered around for a few hours. Noah enjoyed people watching and I think he enjoyed being with his parents even more. When we got home, we practiced crawling. Here are a few pictures and some video so you can see his progress.
And we have just one more photo to share (you can see I get a little nuts taking pictures of my pumpkin!) Here Noah is enjoying his evening bath with Daddy. He's just so cute in his towel (Daddy's looking pretty good too!) :-)
Tomorrow will be a sad day for me since I have to leave my family for 4 days. While I am excited to go, as my best friend who lives in CA will be at the conference too and I'm really looking forward to seeing her, I'm also really sad to leave Noah (and Mike). Noah is at such a fun age now and I treasure every moment we are together so to miss out on even just a few days will be difficult for me. I fly back Wed. and I will pick up Noah as soon as I possibly can! I guess on the bright side, it will be a short work week at the office.
For all of you who rode out Hurricane Ike, I hope you and your families are ok and for everyone else, I hope you had a great weekend!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah
No comments:
Post a Comment