Sunday, October 26, 2008

Feeling Very Blessed

I had the opportunity to work at the North Texas Food Bank Tuesday. That was sure an eye-opening experience. Learning about families who go hungry on a daily basis and rely on the donations from companies and families in the area. There are children who get food through school but often go hungry on the weekends. That just broke my heart. The Pizza Hut marketing department worked at the food bank, putting kids' backpacks together, which provide food for them to take home on Fridays so they don't go hungry over the weekend. My team filled boxes with various foods donated from companies where families can pick up and will hopefully provide food for the following week. It really makes you count your blessings when you realize that these are everyday, working people who just don't make enough money to cover food after the rising cost of gas, paying the bills etc. I was really glad to for the opportunity and will hopefully volunteer more time very soon.

The same day we volunteered at NTFB, Pizza Hut announced there will be layoffs across the company even though we had a strong year (this includes Marketing). I think it's their way of "cleaning house" and streamlining costs. I should know by the 2nd week in November whether I still have a job. I worry for my friends in the department as well. No matter what happens, the department will not be the same.

Noah had another great week at school! He is gobbling up all of the new foods he's trying. He's also stealing the other kids when he's done with his own! I hope his good eating habits continue as he gets older (not the stealing food part, just the eating a variety of food)! He seems very pleased with feeding himself and he's almost getting bored with drinking from a bottle. I don't anticipate it will be that hard to wean him off as he gets closer to his first birthday. Here's Noah trying out some Gerber Graduates here at home.

New food


He's also developed a new game he loves to play. I'm a little concerned he knows how to say "no" versus "yes"! I do not think this bodes well for Mike and I!

Noah is having his "school" pictures taken tomorrow so hopefully he can keep his clothes clean, at least until the snap the photo. Mike is off to San Diego for work this week. He leaves Tuesday and does not get back until Thursday. Just another typical week for me. We are expected to have cooler temperatures so we look forward to that!
Here's a few pictures taken this week.

Full belly
Zonked after church today

That's it from the Reicherts this week!
Love,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment