Sunday, October 19, 2008

Little Man

I think Noah has been going through a growth spurt this last week. He either slept a lot or not at all (napping) and seemed to be cranky most of the time. He's adjusting well to his new daycare and seems very taken with his teacher, Ms. Penny. They had a very busy week. On Wed. he got to finger paint.

Thursday he tried "big kid" food and ate beef enchiladas, spinach and pears! He apparently really enjoyed it and ate all of it! Ms. Penny was so proud as it's not often the infants will eat the food since they are new textures. I told her she didn't have to worry - Noah seems to eat anything! Friday for his snack he ate half a muffin, then had chicken casserole for lunch. He's becoming such a big boy! The table he's seated at above is where they eat. They just lay all of the food out and let the kids feed themselves with their hands. I'm glad they are doing it because I'm not sure if I'm ready for the mess at home! I bought some Gerber Graduates to try this week so we'll see how brave I get!
Noah seems to be making friends as well. One of the teacher aides took some of the kids on a wagon ride around the building. Noah sat next to one of the little girls - he must have a fondness for her as he laid his hand on her leg! She in turn laid her hand on his and that's how they rode around. He also gabs a lot and Ms. Penny said it was obvious how much he enjoyed the ride!

Wed. night Noah seemed interested in crawling for the first time!
Don't listen to this video with the sound. I got a little excited and my pitch went up several octaves! You are likely to bust an eardrum if you do!

He took a few steps and then gave up. Thurs. I caught him moving at daycare and we tried practicing with him that evening. He doesn't seem quite ready. Unless of course there was something worth crawling to - like the remote control. Unfortunately we were not able to get that on video.

Noah does more playing in his burp cloths than we actually use, I'm happy to say! He seems to be past his reflux!
We're done with the prune juice too. His system seems to be regulating itself now that he's on more solids. Yay!

Looks like we need to move his mattress down a notch. I caught him here when he was supposed to be taking a nap. He's been sitting up a lot in bed so I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he pulls himself up and would eventually fall out of the bed! That is a project for next weekend.

Aunt Dana and Grandma brought back a gift for Noah from their journey to the New England area. Here is what he got and you can see he's really enjoying it!

So, here is what we do on our Saturday nights. Do you think we need a life?
Sunday was a momentous day. I had just gotten back from grocery shopping at Target - check out the video!
The weather is getting nicer every day - Saturday morning Mike, Noah and I took a walk around the neighborhood. I hope we can do more of that as it was such a nice time to be together as a family and enjoy some fresh air! Looks like we're expecting another cold front later this week - YAY! Its about time that Fall actually arrive!
Well, that's about all this week but isn't that enough?!
Love,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment