Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

Greetings!
This was another interesting week. Noah began attending daycare at Pizza Hut on Thursday. I was able to visit him several times both Thurs. and Friday. Overall he did pretty well! It was hit and miss sometimes but I think he will settle in nicely. I will definitely enjoy visiting him often! Here's a picture of Noah practicing his standing earlier this week.
Something exciting happened for Mike. He was offered Cubs tickets for Thurs. night in Chicago! Even with the short notice, he was able to catch a flight Thurs. morning and met up with my brother for the game Thursday night. It's too bad they didn't win but I think they still enjoyed being at the stadium in all the excitement. Mike was back on Friday in time to pick up Noah from daycare while I attended a work event.
My mom made it to town Friday afternoon and came out to our house to spend some time with Noah. Here they are having some fun Friday night.
Saturday Mike went to play golf with some friends while my mom, Dana, my cousin's Jess and Jamie, Noah and I all went to visit the pumpkin patch at the Arboretum. Noah was a pretty good but did get a little tired from all of the excitement. Here are a lot of pictures from the day!!
"I hate this hat"

Pooped from all the excitement
As you can see, we had a really good time and were not short of pictures! :-)
The only bad thing this weekend was that Mike ended up being sick. I think he brought it back with him from Chicago. He's been out of commission all day Sunday so it was just me, Noah and Sophie (Dana's dog that I'm watching this week). Mike spent the entire day in bed so Noah and I had to find things to do. We took Sophie on a couple of walks today and Noah discovered how much he likes the pole on his bouncy seat. :-) Here he is playing on it and a quick little video as he watches the dog.
We'll be caring for Sophie until next Sunday when my mom and sister get back from their cruise along the eastern coast into Canada.
This week will be a busy one for me as I have a conference out at the airport for the next three days. Hopefully Mike will be well enough to get Noah to daycare this week. If we're lucky, my dad will get to visit this next weekend. Noah loves having company and attention!
Tomorrow Noah turns 8 mos. It's hard to believe how quickly the time has passed. We'll be celebrating his 1st birthday before long! For all my new mommy friends, I hope you are enjoying the time with your little ones - it goes by way too fast!
Until next week!
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment