Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mr. Fussy Butt

No, the title is not referring to Mike, although many of you might think so! :-)

It was actually another busy week - as I mentioned last week, Mike came back from Chicago sick. We did not go unscathed. Noah ended up with a cold that started earlier this week. I had to attend a business conference Monday and Tuesday out at the airport but by Wednesday I thought we'd better take Noah to the doctor to make sure nothing had spread to his ears or his chest. We spent the day at home/doctor together. Good news was that nothing had spread, the bad news was that there wasn't anything we could do. I was told we'd just have to wait it out. Overall, Noah has been a pretty good sport - still his cheerful self in the mornings. Today you could tell he wasn't feeling good. He was cranky most of the day and he hasn't been napping well (I would bet due to a stuffy nose). Hopefully the cold will run it's course and will be over in the next day or so.

Saturday I had a little time on my hands and thought, "I really need to do something with our backyard." So, I got to work and here is the end result of my hard work! I opted to add a Maple (the first picture) and an Oak (last picture). I'm exhausted but I really think it turned out well!



Ok, ok, busted. I did not do the work myself! I'm sure I did not fool any of you but it was worth a shot! We had a landscape company come in: Flowers' Landscape and Design at the beginning of this week. I thought they did a really great job and now we have something to look at when our blinds are open!



The weekend was pretty low-key. We spent the week watching my sister's dog, Sophie, while she was on her cruise and I dropped her back at the house today. She stayed out of Noah's way most of the time, although he finds her a hoot and always laughs when he sees her. He likes to grab her fur too but he doesn't quite understand the word "gentle" yet so we had to keep him at arm's length. Speaking of grab...Noah will grab anything and everything he can get his hands on and gets mad when you don't let him have something. His favorite things are paper and the remote right now. Christmas will be easy this year! :-)

This is what Mike did on his Saturday off while I ran errands.


Sunday Mike had his soccer game, which they won and Noah and I played in between his whiny moments. :-)Noah found a new "toy"; he loves to play in his bibs/burp cloths basket! I can't tell you how many times we put those back in the basket only for him to remove them again! If that's all it takes to make him happy, then I'm happy to play the game!


We had a few good moments of smiles and laughter between the coughing and running nose.




Here he is practicing his standing.


Noah learned a new trick, which we think developed earlier this week because we didn't notice it last weekend. He can go from the crawling position to sitting (still no crawling). So this is progress! Here's a picture and a video of him in action.

Who needs crawling?! We might just start walking on all fours!



I think I'll end on that note!
Have a great week!
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment