Monday, November 10, 2008

Nine Months Old Already!

What a busy weekend we had! Noah had his 9 month check up on Thursday (I can hardly believe it!) He weighs 22.6 lbs (yes, he's in the 83rd percentile!) but very healthy and happy! He did so good while he was there - he's such a big boy! After his appointment, that evening we went to Uncle Matt's where Noah got to see his grandparents who were visiting for the weekend. He was in such a good mood (probably because he didn't have to go to bed at his regular hour!). Denise and Al came to town to support Megan who was walking in the 3-day breast cancer walk. They were very busy all weekend, visiting the cheering stations throughout Friday and Saturday before closing ceremonies on Sunday.
Friday night Al and Denise took the family out to celebrate my birthday. We went to Olive Garden where we enjoyed good food and good company. Noah was on his best behavior and shared some of my dinner. We also enjoyed meeting Matt's new girlfriend, Emily. We got to spend some time with her all weekend and she is such a sweetheart! We look forward to getting to know her better in the coming months!
Here's Noah enjoying time with Grandpa R. Saturday morning!

I co-hosted a baby shower on Saturday for my friend, Kerrie, who is expecting TWIN girls!! She looks amazing and we had a wonderful time at this tea shop in Plano, Into My Garden. Here's a picture of our lunch!

Unfortunately, due to dehydration and nausea from the walk, Megan (supported by Al and Denise) spent Saturday afternoon at the hospital! I guess there were several other girls who ended up there between Saturday and Sunday. Good news was that nothing serious - after a little rest on Saturday and Sunday, Meg was able to finish the race. Congratulations to her for such an accomplishment - raising the money and supporting the cause! We're so proud!!
Saturday night Mike took me out to celebrate my birthday, just the two of us, while Matt, Emily, Denise and Al watched Noah. It was nice to have a grown-up evening out! Mike took me to Steel, a very hip and trendy sushi restaurant downtown! It was a wonderful birthday celebration with my hubby!

Sunday was a fun day. I took Noah out to watch his dad and uncle play in their soccer game. Denise, Al and Emily came to cheer as well. We had to leave early to go watch the closing ceremonies of the 3-day, but we didn't miss much; it was a heartbreaking loss, 1 to nothing.


The closing ceremony was very moving. Noah enjoyed being outside and seeing all the people. We had to leave early though so he could get home to eat dinner. He wasn't able to see and congratulate his Aunt Megan and was sad about that. He promises to give her lots of hugs and kisses in December at Christmas!

Al and Denise left early this morning to head back to Alabama (but not before sharing one last meal with Noah) and Mike is off to LA for a photo shoot for work. He'll be back sometime Thursday.

I find out on Wednesday whether I will be employed or not. If I am, I think I get Friday off, and if I'm not, I'm off Thursday and clean out my desk on Friday. Either way, it will be a short week. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
Love to you all,
Corri, Mike and Noah

1 comment:

  1. AAHH! That's so scary Corri! I wish you luck and will pray for you.

    p.s. I love the pics of Noah with his hat :)

    ReplyDelete