Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Birthday Bonanza!

This has been one heckuva week! I got very spoiled for my birthday - lunch with friends Monday, Tuesday and Friday! My sister made me a birthday dinner on Tuesday which was great and that same evening, I was left a voice message of what time to go into work on Wednesday to find out if I still had a job (at 3:30). Nothing like a little stress to go with birthday cake! Long story short, I am still employed, thank goodness! and to sweeten the pot, I got a promotion!I was just happy to have a job so it was really great news all around! Mike got home Thursday night from LA, seeing a very happy wife.

Since layoffs were taking place, I had Wed. and Friday off which made for a nice short week.
Here is Noah enjoying the time off with me on Friday. He really loves being in mommy and daddy's bed!


We had lunch with my friend, Kristen, then decided to walk around the mall for a little bit. Here is Noah trying on a winter hat. This is 12-18 months and you can see it's a little tight for him. What a big head!

Friday night I had my women's poker night and I took second place (made an extra $25 and covered my buy-in)! Saturday we had Noah's 9 month pictures and took some Christmas shots as well. At least that is out of the way. Here is Noah waiting to see his pictures. He loves to get on his feet these days. I'm sure he'll be walking in no time!

Saturday night Uncle Matt and Emily came over to watch Noah while Mike and I went out with friends, Dean and Klaire. We got back relatively early and to our chagrin, Noah woke up at 10 crying. We tried to comfort him and get him back to bed, but it took over an hour before we finally just laid him in bed and let him put himself to sleep. He was still up bright and early on Sunday. He was fussy all day (as was Saturday) but somehow we made it through. We had our standing monthly dinner with our friends, Kerrie, Kyle, Ginny, JP, and their daughter Maddie. Here are some pictures of the kids getting to know one another!
No touching!

Ok, maybe...you taste good!

How about a big, wet kiss?

Ummm...we're over it.
Noah was getting pretty fussy, so we handed him over to Kyle, the "baby whisperer." He has quite and effect! Noah was quiet with him and enjoyed getting to know someone new!

Talk to me buddy...

Me love lots of hugs
As soon as we got Noah home, it was straight to bed!
Here we are at the end of another busy weekend. I have a "date night" with the girlfriends next Friday - woohoo!! It will be Thanksgiving before you know it!
Everyone have a great week!
Love,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment