Sunday, December 14, 2008

HO! HO! HO!

Why is it the holidays, which are supposed to be enjoyed, never seem to be any fun? Maybe its just the part leading up to Christmas that is stressful.
This past week at work was the worst ever. I couldn't catch a break and it was an exhausting week all around! Noah had some traumatic moments at daycare...Got a call on Thursday telling me that Noah had scratched a child and it drew blood. It was due to his long nails. Yes, I am a bad mommy for not keeping up. Fortunately, both children were fine but I definitely made it my mission to cut those suckers first thing when we got home. On Friday, I got another phone call telling me that Noah was trying to stand, slipped and bit his lip. He appeared fine but did draw some blood and would probably have a fat lip. Great. We're going to see Santa that evening and he's already "scarred" for the picture!

Speaking of, Mike was able to get us a number for the Santa line first thing Friday morning so as soon as we arrived home, I got Noah ready to head out to the mall. We got there just in time for him to take a break (of course) but we were able to get in the front of the line and Santa came back for story time at 5:30. We were outta there by 6:20 and for the most part, Noah was very well behaved! Daddy had to entertain a bit - take a look at a few pictures below.




After picture time, we enjoyed dinner and conversation with our friends, Dean and Klaire. Noah especially enjoyed hanging with Dean! (Actually, he really loved grabbing his face!)


Saturday was full of last minute errands before leaving town, and "horsing" around with daddy! Not sure how long Mike could keep this up but this is on the tail end. Noah's new favorite game!
Saturday night Matt and Emily came over to babysit so Mike and I could go to a friends' holiday party. It was a great time visiting and getting out just the two of us!
Sunday again was full of last minute errands - we caught Noah in a good mood on our way to Church. He was enjoying a fruit snack!

This should be a relatively short week - Mike leaves tomorrow morning for LA. He is taking the red eye back Wed. night (or Thurs. morning, I should say). Noah and I are on our own for three days before we pack the car and head to Wichita. We are very much looking forward to the vacation time and seeing the family.
I may miss a post next week since we'll be getting ready to head back to Dallas Monday morning. Then it's off to Alabama on Tuesday! If I do miss, know that we're thinking of all of you and wish you the best holiday ever and a fabulous start to 2009!
Love,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment