This week was a hectic and tiring one. On Wednesday we found out that Noah has Bronchitis. Both Wednesday and Thursday he did not sleep at all (translation: Mom and Dad didn't sleep at all). Those were some exhausting days. Mike stayed home with Noah Wednesday. We tried taking him to school on Thursday. He lasted until about 2pm when the daycare called and informed me Noah had a 102 degree temperature. I had to immediately take him home and he was not allowed back to school until Monday. That was ok by me as I was exhausted and happy to stay home on Friday. This put a slight kink in our weekend plans however, as Mike and I were supposed to go to Houston for a wedding. We cancelled our hotel just in case we wouldn't be able to go and put Dana on "stand-by."
By Friday, Noah seemed to be improving - he was happy and played quite a bit (this is when I started feeling no-so-hot). Of course, he didn't much care for the blue "snot sucker" and he hates being given medicine. Before we even put anything in his mouth, he's already trying to spit it out while squirming all over the place.
We decided Friday night that we would still make the journey to Houston, just leave in time to make it to the wedding and head home first thing Sunday. Dana spent all day Saturday and overnight with him and entertained him with the help of my cousin Jamie. Dana said he did really well (except for nighttime) so we had nothing to worry about. Uncle Matt came over Sunday to entertain him until we could get home. We are so fortunate to have wonderful relatives so close by that we can call on for favors. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that Noah is such a cutie and I know will con his aunts and uncles into anything he wants one of these days!
Saturday I pretty much lost my voice and put myself on DayQuil/NyQuil. I'm still not feeling myself but am hoping that with a little extra sleep and general willpower, I'll be back to my old self soon. Hopefully we won't continue to pass the sickness on to one another! The wedding was for a co-worker of mine from both my TracyLocke days and now at Pizza Hut. It was a beautiful wedding and of course, I left my camera at the hotel Saturday evening so I have no pictures of the event. I'm glad we were able to go and share in the beautiful day with our friend!
Sunday was a short day since we spent several hours in the car. I continued working on Noah's birthday stuff and played with him most of the day. This should be another busy week but hopefully uneventful and better health for us all!
Sorry, no pictures this week due to the sickness (trust me, you wouldn't want to see a cranky, runny-nosed baby!)
Love,
Corri, Mike and Noah
No comments:
Post a Comment