Where to begin? This week started out like any other - Work, daycare and back home again. (The exception being that we still were in the search for a new car. We called around Saturday but couldn't find the deal we were satisfied with so the search continued.)
Besides the car, everything else was status quo...and then Tuesday hit...Noah woke up with some significant "sleep" in his eyes. We looked at them and they weren't red so I figured it wasn't pink eye. We went ahead and went to daycare. By noon, they called me to say they thought he had pink eye as they'd been cleaning out his eyes all day. So, I called the doctor and got him an appointment for 12:40. When I went to pick him up, his eyes were already goopy again. I could barely stand to look at them but I thought I shouldn't mess with them so the doctor could have a look. Their diagnosis was that it was not pink eye (thank goodness since that is so contagious!) but the bad news is that he had a double ear infection. Boy did I feel like a bad parent for not noticing! He was not acting any differently than usual (still playing, laughing, eating, sleeping, etc). No tugging on his ears or anything. My guess is that we caught it rather quickly since he wasn't overly fussy. That explained the eye goo though - it was so backed up it started oozing. YUCK! Anyway, we got him on antibiotics and he's seemed fine ever since.
Tuesday night I started getting a sore throat. By Wed. afternoon, I had lost my voice; I still felt ok though. Mike thought he found us a car but we had to drive to McKinney to check it out. We headed out around 7. After some significant wheeling and dealing, we purchased a vehicle! (Mike has some serious negotiation skills!) Of course, we ran out of time to take the car with us and would have to pick it up on Thursday. We made it home by 10 but by this time I'm feeling pretty bad.
Thursday I try to make it to work but by noon my voice is completely gone and I'm worried I have strep. I go to a doctor who rules out strep (well, the test is supposedly 80% accurate) but gives me some antibiotics. Later that day we pick up the car and I LOVE IT!!!! This is the first truly nice and fully loaded car that I have ever driven! It's such a nice ride and it's so exciting to have (I'm trying not to think about the payments coming!). We still haven't figured out what to do with Mike's car - the best thing might be to donate it. I think we keep putting it out of our minds but we can't have it sitting at the PH offices forever (or can we?!)....
Our beauty!! 2009 Honda Pilot
Friday morning I stay home as I'm still not feeling well (all night coughing and waking). By noon I think the meds finally kick in - I have a voice again and feeling a bit better. I go in to work (I'm not going to lie, I really wanted to drive my new car!) I think I've gotten progressively better through the weekend but I still have a nasty cough. I hope that will go away in the next day or two.
Saturday Mike left town for a night to have fun with his friends - guy's only weekend. Noah and I celebrated St. Patty's day at a friend's house party. He was mesmerized by the helium balloon she had attached to her banister. It was his mission the entire time we were there as to how he was going to get this balloon. He was friendly to all strangers. Even begged to be held as long as it got him closer to the balloon! There were lots of other little kids there so he enjoyed watching them and even spent some time interacting. I guess it's nice to know my child isn't too shy - not yet anyway.
Saturday night we met up with Dana and had dinner together. She spent the night and hung out with Noah and I to keep us company while Mike was away. Noah loves is Aunt Dana! He wanted her to hold him most of the time we were together. I guess he's tired of mommy all the time!
Mike got home around 10 Sunday morning which was nice. Noah missed his daddy - here he is crashed on him after an exhausting day of playing. We think he must have hit a growth spurt. He's been a bit emotional all weekend and it's not like him to go to sleep before 8:30 (this was taken at 7). As long as he sleeps through the night, it's ok by me!
I went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic tonight with my friend Karen. Cute movie but nothing like the books! That is one where they used the characters names but that was about it. (I personally like the books better, but that could be because I listened to them before seeing the movie). :-)
Noah is completely mobile now. You won't be able to keep up with him the next time you see him! Also seeing the comprehension in his face that he understands what we're saying, is amazing. His mental and physical growth assounds me daily.
That was a busy enough weekend for us! I'm looking forward to a quiet week at work (hopefully!). All of our leadership is out on spring break with their kids. Yay!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah
Hooray for the new ride! Is it Mike's or will I get to see it at lunch later this week? :)
ReplyDelete