Friday evening Mike picked up Noah since I had poker night (no, I did not win) but before he left, I brought him up to my office and took him around to some of the folks who were still there. Noah is getting to be very bashful. When someone looked at him and tried talking to him, he put his head down and backed into my lap. He didn't want to smile so he puckered his cheeks, but you could see that smile was trying to get out. It was pretty cute!
On Saturday, Noah, Mike and I headed out to the outlet mall to shop for Mike. We opted not to take the stroller, thinking Noah might sleep on my shoulder since he had yet to have a nap. That was a mistake. He was wide awake and taking in the scenery. He enjoyed it so much, he insisted he walk but he didn't want to hold one of our hands, he had to do it on his own. I didn't really like that idea since I didn't want him to get kidnapped. Of course, if I tried to pick him up, he started throwing a tantrum, to which I then had to say that I was in fact his mother, and not a kidnapper myself. That was fun. If this is an indication of the terrible twos, we are in big trouble.
Aunt Dana was nice enough to come over Saturday afternoon to watch Noah while Mike and I attended a craw fish boil at his client's house and then later over to Dean and Klaire's to celebrate Dean's birthday. Unbeknownst to me, after I was ready to head out, I apparently dressed identical to Noah so Dana and Mike insisted we have our picture taken!
Sunday Dana hung out with Noah and I while Mike was at his soccer game. That evening, while having dinner, Noah starts doing this silly smile (closing his eyes with a big grin). He's taken to doing this quite frequently and it always makes us laugh. Silly boy!
Check out the video version!!
That's it for this weekend! Have a great week!
Love,
Corri, Mike and Noah
No comments:
Post a Comment