Sunday, April 5, 2009

More Sickness

This week was another hectic one for me. My boss was on vacation and for some reason that is always the time we get slammed at work. I ended up having to work almost every night after Noah went to bed so you could say I was rather exhausted. Saturday we enjoyed getting Noah's Easter pictures taken - they turned out so great!! Just wait until you see them! And I'm sorry but you will have to wait. Since it's after 10 now, I won't have time to get them downloaded but I'll try later this week.
Noah had a slight fever Saturday afternoon which we attributed to teething - yes, he's getting more in! I took him over to cousin Jamie's Saturday night to celebrate cousin Jess's 26th b-day (albeit a few weeks late). He always enjoys chasing the dogs and of course all the attention he gets!
By Sunday mid-morning, Noah had another fever, this time a little hotter than Saturday. We gave him some Tylenol and he slept most of the afternoon (on me of course!). It was obvious he wasn't feeling well since he did sleep so much and only wanted me to hold him. We enjoyed a nice dinner out with my monthly dinner group. What started out with 8 adults a few years back, has now grown to 8 adults and 5 kids! We are a sight at the restaurant! Of course it was great catching up with friends and seeing all of the little ones.
Unfortunately when we got home, Noah had another fever and was pretty upset. I no longer think it's teething but most likely a viral infection. I'm going to stay home with him in the AM and wait for Mike to take over the afternoon shift. Of all weeks, I'm flying out to NY tomorrow for a few days. I feel like the worst mother in the world leaving my baby, esp. when he needs me the most. At least I leave him in wonderful hands. I have no doubt Mike will take special care of him but still the guilt will stay with me.
I get back Wednesday night and I won't be coming home alone! My girlfriend, Diane, who lives in CO will be visiting through the weekend, flying in Wed. night. I can't wait to see her and get to show her around my city!
All in all, it will be a jam-packed week. I just look forward to getting out to NY and then getting home to be with my family.
Sorry there were no pictures this week. With Noah feeling under the weather, it didn't make for any great shots. I'm sure there will be plenty next week!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah

1 comment:

  1. Yuck! Sorry things have been so crazy lately. BTW, I loved the Easter pics of Noah. Joe and I were talking about how cute he is!!! I hope you had a wonderful Easter and I look forward to reading more ;)

    ReplyDelete