Friday night I hosted my monthly ladies poker night. It was my lucky night because I won! I only win about once a year, so now I can rest easy and just keep giving my money every month with no expectations. :-) Saturday I wanted to sleep in due to the late night, but Noah just doesn't ever want to cooperate! We were up nice and early at 6:30, although Mike was super nice and let me lay in bed a bit while he took care of Noah. We had a busy day to look forward to. Grandma Blick and Great Aunt Jean were coming to town for the night. We met up with them, Aunt Dana, and cousin Jamie around 1p to check out some houses my sister was looking at. She did a nice job as it was difficult to say which one was better! While we were doing that, Mike was able to take in 18 holes of golf. If you ask me, he's crazy - it was so hot outside!
When we got back, Noah enjoyed reading a book with daddy while we waited for the others to arrive.
We enjoyed a nice Mexican dinner together Saturday night and wandered the mall a little bit. Sunday morning was another early one. We wished Mike a very happy Father's Day and gave him is gift which is a couple of golf lessons (he claims he desperately needs!) So, hopefully he got just what he wanted! My mom treated us to breakfast out. Here are some shots we got of Noah in the car. He was in a pretty good mood (the norm for the early morning).
This next one is he new favorite face to make. Any time he drops (or throws!) something, he says "uh-oh" and makes this face. It still doesn't get old and makes us laugh every time!
We were able to get a few Father's Day shots of Noah and daddy, but he started to get grumpy (which means nap time!)
Here are a few final shots we took today, with Aunt Dana and of course, Grandma.
Noah is helping Grandma out of the house. Such a little helper! (ok, really he wanted to go outside). My mom and Aunt Jean headed to San Antonio today to visit my other Aunt who lives there. I'll pick them up again here in Dallas on Thursday.
As for the rest of the afternoon, in true Father's Day fashion, Mike slept....and slept...and slept. Once I got Noah down, I took his cue and got a nap of my own. I think we all finally hung out together around 5 during dinner! :-) Oh well, I think if you ask Mike, he had the perfect day (well, it probably would have been even more perfect had he gotten in another 18 holes!). I leave tomorrow for a short work trip to NY. I'll be back Wednesday but it will be nice for the boys to have some quality time together.
This month seems to have just gotten away from us!
That's all from the Reichert Household. Happy Father's Day to all!
XOXO,
Corri, Mike and Noah
No comments:
Post a Comment