My handsome boy!
Saturday was a busy one. We started the day with chocolate chip pancakes (seen below!). I think Noah got more in his mouth than his face but it's a little hard to tell!
We then ran out to get Noah a haircut and take Mike's car in for an oil change then it was time for me to go to a baby shower. It gave the boys a chance to hang out but when I got back (around 3) Mike had to get some work done. It was just Noah and I for a couple hours when I had the brilliant idea to go out to dinner. Afterwards, we both agreed...never again! We opted to go to Cheddars since they are usually pretty fast and we didn't think there would be much of a wait. They have a fish tank so we thought that would entertain Noah for a little while as well. I take complete responsibility for what happened over the course of the hour. When we arrived, we got seated right away (in the area where the fish tank was, which quickly became our nemesis). I immediately took Noah over to look at the fish for a few minutes. He gets rather heavy so I thought we should sit down and look at the menu. Noah did not like this idea and started screaming. Mike then took him to look at the fish to shut him up. When he brought him back over, he kept pointing and again continued with the screaming. I took him outside where he could get out his anger (and tears) and hopefully we could avoid some stares and the embarrassment we already felt. Noah calmed down and we went back inside. The whole routine started just back up again. The second time we were outside, two friendly women came up and asked us what was wrong. When I explained the situation, they were very sympathetic (they had some kids of their own) and told me to stay strong and stick to my guns! These little rascals need to learn whose boss! They certainly made me feel better about the whole situation. I think I took Noah outside 3 different times before the food came and he saw the fish about 5 times. I guess one of the other times I was outside, a patron leaving told Mike to hang in there (they had a 3 year old)! I know we're not alone and it sure helps when people verbally sympathize with you! Once food was there, he was like a normal child. He ate and "visited", saw the fish one more time and then we were out of there! Mike and I agreed that we will not be taking him to another restaurant any time soon!
Sunday morning ,Mike finally got Noah's swing hung and he LOVED IT! Now the problem is getting him out of it. He doesn't seem to care how hot it is outside. We have to keep the shades drawn so he doesn't see the swing and whine about going outside.
We did eventually get him in and played inside the rest of the morning.

Here's a pic of Noah playing with his books.
Here's a pic of Noah playing with his books.
Since Mike still had to work all day, we convinced Aunt Dana to come over and hang out with us. We took Noah to the pool for a little bit and then we all had a lovely dinner together. Dana entertained Noah outside while I cooked. Despite the heat, he was lulled by the swing and fell asleep!
Another weekend over! We're going to Wichita on Thursday to spend some time with the family and the following week we're taking vacation (YAY!) Doing things around the house and relaxing! I'm so looking forward to it!
Stay cool this week!
Corri, Mike and Noah
I fear those days...but right now when I do get out kind of enjoy it because Jackson doesn't do much but sleep in his car seat (and stays in it in restaurants for now). :)
ReplyDelete