Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Fun

What a BUSY weekend! Friday night the family went over to visit friends, Aaron, Karen and Olivia McWilliams. They had redone their entire backyard (new covered deck, landscaping, the works) so we wanted to check it out. We had dinner and spent a very enjoyable evening catching up and letting the kids play outside. The weather was perfect and in fact, it was hard to drag Noah away from all of the wonderful outdoor toys that Olivia has! One thing in particular that caught his attention was a swing. Even when he got upset, we only had to put him in that swing for him to start laughing again. We decided we'd invest the $25 and get him one to hang up on our patio at home - we bought the swing yesterday so now we just have to get it hung!
Saturday morning I was up bright and early to participate in Plano Race for the Cure. I ran (ok, ran and walked) the race with a friend of mine. We saw Dana, Jamie and Jess, but only briefly as they opted to walk the entire race. It was exhausting, but its also very moving to be out amongst all those in support of finding a cure for Breast Cancer.

After that, I was off for a massage, joining friends/co-workers at the spa to participate in a Ladies Day Out. Mike was a trooper, watching Noah all day but I think it was a good thing. They seemed to have really bonded while I was gone and I definitely like seeing that! I had a relaxing afternoon with some good friends.

when I got home, Mike went to hit some balls so Noah and I hung out. The wind was pretty bad as it obviously kicked some "stuff up." Noah had horrible allergies - his little eyes were red and kept watering all evening. Here are some pictures of him that evening. He also really enjoys his plastic silverware - you can see him playing with the spoon. I don't mind it though if it gets him in the mind set of using it! He's been doing pretty well too!
Those poor little eyes (but despite that, he's still having fun!)
Saturday night was uneventful and turned in early since we had to be up early for church on Sunday. Mike had a full day of working in the yard.
Sunday after church, I tried getting some things done in the office, but Noah was always under foot. At least he enjoys playing on his toy horse and definitely loves the sound of music!



Noah loves bopping to the sound of music!
Mike had a very busy day - he spent much of the morning collecting mulch, with Matt's help, and then taking care of the yard. We got to visit with Uncle Matt for a bit, and he promised he'd come back for dinner with Emily.

While Mike was busy, Noah and I spent some time looking at a few houses with Aunt Dana, who hopes to buy something in the next few months. We had a good time - of course Noah isn't very happy when you don't let him do what you want. I guess I should get used to that, huh?

We then made the run to ToysRUs to find Noah a swing. They have some cool stuff! It took everything I had (well and an empty wallet) not to buy a bunch of stuff for him! Its good he can't talk yet, I'm not looking forward to the begging.

We brought daddy a treat (Frosty from Wendy's)YUM!!! since he'd been working so hard. He definitely needed it. He was drenched in sweat and dirt from head to toe. We were hanging outside and thought maybe Noah would like to play in his new pool that we bought him. He's wanted nothing to do with it - seems to be afraid to get in. Since he wasn't using it, daddy thought he'd take advantage of the warm water and get refreshed. It was after that that Noah would consider going in - sitting on daddy of course.
Mike finally coaxed him down to sit by himself but he wasn't a big fan. These are some of the better shots. We have several where he's reaching to get out. He didn't stay in long but maybe in time he'll get used to it.

I got the boys cleaned up and ready for Matt and Emily to come over. I had to run out to pick up our pizza and beer and apparently when I left, Noah erupted into full out tantrum mode. He often does this when anyone leaves the house but it was full force this time. Mike said he hadn't seen anything like it. I guess he was banging on the door and sobbing - here's a bit how it played out.


Yes, I believe those are tears on his chest.

I guess he was back to his ole self when Matt and Emily arrived b/c he was fully engaged when I got home. We enjoyed some fun conversation before delving in the the competitive world of bowling/golfing on the Wii. Those guys are getting pretty good and Mike and I will have to keep up our nightly playing so they don't overtake us on the pro level! Noah really enjoys playing with Uncle Matt and is taken with Emily. It's obvious she is good with kids as she is so patient and playful with him! He is lucky to have them so close!
Overall, it was a great (albeit busy) weekend but we probably wouldn't have it any other way!
Looking very much forward to a visit from Grandma/Grandpa Reichert on Thursday!
Have a great week,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment