I wish I could say that our week's vacation was a relaxing one; it was anything but....We got back from Wichita around 4p on Monday. Once we got home and unpacked, we immediately went to Lowes to load up on stuff we planned to work on for the week. We bought new light fixtures for the hallway, bathrooms, ceiling fan for our patio, new kitchen faucet, paint for the master bath, paint for the hallway, paint for some outdoor repairs, paint to cover the patio...Yes, we were ambitious and had big plans! In order for us to get all of these household items completed, we would need to take Noah into daycare so our days could be uninterrupted.
Noah had other plans.
He woke up on Tuesday with a fever and a horrid wheezing with cough. He went throughout the day, sometimes feeling good and other times not. I did not get a whole lot done as I had to nurse a sick child. I spent most of the day holding him although there were times when he was his old self and enjoyed playing with his toys. He was feverish most of the day. We went back and forth on whether we should take him to the doctor, but ended up not since most of the time they tell us there is nothing they can do. He still had a small appetite and would take drinks plus he would spend time playing - still laughing and talking so we felt like he would be ok. In the meantime, Mike worked on changing out the bathroom fixtures. It wasn't the easy job we expected. The fixture holes were off center so Mike had to patch and re-wire to the centers of the mirrors. Between both bathrooms, it was an entire day's job. I didn't get to work until Noah went to bed around 8:30p. I'd start painting around then and we'd finish around midnight. Wednesday wasn't any better for Noah so he again spent the day at home. We continued doing the same things - lots of painting. I began painting our patio - which ended up being a 3 day job. It didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped but I guess it will do. It's a nice change from the ugly concrete it once was. I couldn't tell you how many trips we made to Lowes and Home Depot this week. My guess is that you'd have to count on two hands. The hours that Noah was feeling ok, he spent his time getting into mom's drawers. He found particular interest with my undies and lingerie. At least he kept himself occupied...
Busted with mama's things!
By Thursday Noah was well enough (ok, his fever had subsided) to go to school. Whew! Finally, we'd get some things accomplished! Mike was playing golf on Friday so we really just had Thursday Noah-free. Mike got the hallway fixtures changed out, the kitchen faucet replaced and we finished painting the hallway.
Thursday evening we enjoyed an evening out with our friends, the Hensleys. They are expecting a little girl in August so we weren't sure if we'd get to see them again before the baby is born. We had a wonderful time at the Arboretum outdoor concert. We enjoyed dinner and wonderful company. Noah spent the evening with his cousin, Jessica. Bless her for babysitting last-minute!
Friday Noah again went to daycare while Mike golfed and I did some shopping for the house. Noah did have a low-grade fever in the afternoon but he managed ok.
I lucked out and on Saturday was invited by Klaire and her sister-in-law to see a Chorus Line! What a wonderful musical and was so glad for the invitation and for Mike watching Noah so I could go! The rest of the weekend was spent finishing last minute things. Mike did get the ceiling fan hung on the patio as of today (I love it!!) and things have mostly settled down. Mike was not able to get to replacing some of the house siding but that will probably happen next weekend (some of it is rotting so it does need to get done). I'd still like to get some flowers potted for the patio and some in the front but again, that will take some time.
Noah still found time to get into trouble. He got a hold of my yarn and started stringing it about the place.
He is quite the inquisitive little boy, as I'm sure most children are at this age. Lucky us...
Oh, and on a side note, my hair dresser may have found someone to place our bathroom tile pretty inexpensively so we might take that on within the month. Our realtor says that would really help with selling our house so we think we need to bite the bullet and get it done. Once that is complete, other than some minor decorating that still needs to happen, our house will be complete! Yes, just in time to sell it...Ahhh, isn't that the way it goes sometimes?!
So, that's the weekend! Now it's time to get ready for work and actually, I'm taking a trip to NY Monday-Wednesday so with that, it will be a short week for me (thank goodness!). I'm actually just not ready to go back to work. I keep waiting for one of my parents to tell me there is a secret trust fund for me somewhere, but as my mom says, "keep dreaming!"
So, that's the weekend! Now it's time to get ready for work and actually, I'm taking a trip to NY Monday-Wednesday so with that, it will be a short week for me (thank goodness!). I'm actually just not ready to go back to work. I keep waiting for one of my parents to tell me there is a secret trust fund for me somewhere, but as my mom says, "keep dreaming!"
If you are interested, below are some of the changes we've made to the house. There are very few pictures but I swear we were hard at work all week so I'm thinking we've got to have more to show for than this!
Master bath with new light fixture and paint (walls were white before). Still need to get some decorations. I know what I want...all in due time!
Patio with changes! Ta-da! Still need to get some plants out here but now at least it's a place we want to hang out! (yes, there are even twinkle lights!)
To see the other changes, you'll just have to take a trip out to our house for an in-person visit!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah
The house is looking great...and I can't believe how much more grown up Noah looks week to week!
ReplyDelete