What an amazing trip to Kansas we had for the 4th of July weekend! Unfortunately the drive there was not so fun - it took us over 7 hours Thursday night; between a couple of accidents and road construction it was a looong drive! We did finally make it around midnight. Of course, once we got there, Noah was wide awake and ready to hang out! I crashed and Mike was able to get him down around 1a I think. At least he slept in on Friday. That was a fun morning as Mike, Noah and I, my mom, dad and sister all visited Tanganika wildlife park. Even though it was rather warm, Noah loved seeing all the animals up close and personal. Here he is with Grandpa watching some birds.
We got to watch some mama kangaroos carry around their babies. I have no idea how they fit all those legs in there! One of the babies jumped out and it was huge!
Noah was happy to be carried all day - it was easier for him to see the animals. He also got to pet some rabbits and hang out with some turtles.
Here he is with Grandma and some critter. You can't get too close because they will bite, but as long as you leave them alone (or give them a treat) they are harmless. This one was sleeping so he didn't interest Noah so much.
It was a long and hot day - he crashed in the car, playing with some hand sanitizer (or eating I should say).
Saturday was another fun, busy one with a trip to the Zoo. It was a beautiful morning, I think temperatures were in the upper 70s for the morning, slightly overcast. Coming from the inferno that is TX, this was a wonderful surprise! Noah once again got his fill of animals. He was able to pet a baby goat and he loved seeing all the ducks and birds (in addition to the millions of other animals!). Here's our only family picture from the weekend, near the tiger exhibit.
Saturday afternoon while Mike and my dad went to hit balls, we hung out at Grandma's house. She got Noah a Sit 'N Spin and he was pretty quick to learn how to use it!
Fortunately he got in a good nap. It was going to be a long night as we decided to go watch fireworks at the park. They didn't start until after 9p so it was pretty late already for Noah. He's already in his PJs here but he loved the flag. Now I just wished he was in his 4th of July clothes - it would have been perfect!
We were at the park for about an hour and there were fireworks going off all over the city - I think we saw about 10 different areas around the city shooting them off. We probably didn't have to leave my dad's house to see them, but regardless, it was fun. Noah didn't seem to care one way or another about the fireworks. He would watch one or two, then it was more fun for him to be near the dog and to try to pet her.
Sunday we hung out at Grandma's house so the guys could play some golf. Noah loves horsing around with Grandma - he's such a cheese!
He's big into copying too - as seen below by watching Grandma! Noah has gotten so good about showing body parts when you ask. He knows where his eyes, ears, nose, hands, feet, hair and belly button are. I have such a smart little boy!
He's recently started saying no, but only when he doesn't want something. His favorite words (which we hear all the time) are MaMa and DaDa. And I mean ALL THE TIME. I guess he's just happy he found some words and knows what they mean. He amazes us daily with the things he picks up and observes.
We headed back to Dallas on Monday but not before we could get a few more pictures with Grandpa. Here are a few more of Noah's crazy faces. What a silly little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment