Mike received some sobering news on Friday. A guy who worked for a sister company of TracyLocke's, and fellow soccer team mate, collapsed and died while attending a conference in California. He was out for a jog and had a massive heart attack. He was 39 and leaves behind a wife and a 1 and 2 year old. VERY SAD and puts into perspective how much we take for granted. Anything can happen at anytime and we must relish every moment we have with our loved ones. Please say a prayer for his family.
As life still goes on, Friday night Mike enjoyed a night with is buddies at his "man shower." They were honoring Dean as a future dad. No, there were no gifts, unless you count cigars and alcohol. Seems like they had a really good time. I was up until all hours of the night trying to finalize my costume for Saturday nights birthday shindig for my friend, Tressie. In honor of her birthday, she was having a "Mad Men" party. For those of you not familiar, Mad Men is a show on AMC about advertising in the 60s. I stayed up too late to make a petticoat to go under my dress. It proved to be more difficult than I imagined. It was a short night since Noah woke up at 7a (I think I went to bed at 2a).
We spent the morning lounging and then went out to buy some tile for our master bath. Yes, we found someone who's going to lay it for us VERY affordably!!! We are soooo excited and hope to have this done in the next 2 weeks.
Saturday afternoon I attended a bridal shower, then rushed home to prepare for the parties. Yes, plural - we went over to Dean and Klaire's first as she was celebrating her 30th birthday and then went to Tressie's for her party. Here's a picture of Mike and I from the MM event. This was a few hours in.
Here you can see the dress in full-length. :-)We got to bed by 1a and Mike was kind enough to let me sleep while he got up with Noah on Sunday. Dana spent the night (since she was the babysitter Sat. night) and we went to church once I finally rolled out of bed. Noah was in good spirits and was all over the place with the toys. He found my purse particularly appealing as he was seen carrying it everywhere. I guess it was just his size - it fit perfectly over his shoulder!
Noah has also taken an interest in his cartoons on Noggin. He loves to get right up to the TV and watch so it's a constant battle to get him in his chair. He's pretty good about sitting down when we ask him to (although sometimes we have to ask him 2-3 times and maybe even put him in his chair). He wasn't too happy when we made him sit down.

Matt came over to watch him for a few hours so Mike, Dana and I could get out to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was fantastic! Although I realized how much I had forgotten about the book and should really study up on book 7 before the final movie.
Matt came over to watch him for a few hours so Mike, Dana and I could get out to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was fantastic! Although I realized how much I had forgotten about the book and should really study up on book 7 before the final movie.
After all of the weekend madness, we got Noah to bed at 7:30 and I think I followed him right after. It was nice to get a good night's sleep before the work week began!
We're celebrating Mike's birthday on Wednesday - so HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah
No comments:
Post a Comment