Sunday, August 16, 2009

Home Improvement Weekend

What a fun and busy weekend we had! Dad came in to visit Thursday night. We had dinner at Dana's then headed back to our house. He spent the night with us so he and Mike could play golf on Friday. Noah and I got home around 2 and the guys began working on the trim for our bathroom. We headed out to Dana's place to have dinner and do some home improvement work for her. Mike got her ceiling fan hung in her bedroom while the three of us began priming her living room. I happened to be taking down her blinds and like and idiot, opened the casing before I shut the blinds. They came crashing down on my head. Had a heckofa headache over the next two days and a nice bump but nothing overly serious. We headed home last that night to get an early start on Saturday with Dad and Mike finishing the trim in the bathroom.
Noah and I entertained ourselves for most of the morning. Noah did really well playing by himself while I did laundry. Here he is with his "ball" toy. He loves this thing!


He also loved spending time with Grandpa. Here they are taking a break from the bathroom.

Mike got Noah some G.I. Joe toys from work and Noah really got a kick out of them. They all do something fun. This one happens to propel forward. He thought it was pretty great.


After a while, Noah got a little bored so decided he could be of great help to Grandpa and Daddy. He likes the measuring tape.



This is the mostly finished product. Mike still has a few touch-ups, but overall, we are so pleased with the end result! Mike and Dad did a fantastic job on the trim! Way to go guys!


By noon, we decided we'd better get to Dana's to finish off the living room. We had a late lunch and then got to work. Noah was not happy that he wasn't getting much attention so we had our hands full with him. By late afternoon and still no nap, Grandpa decided he'd try to get him to sleep. Sure enough! The two of them finally passed out. (I think grandpa was just tired from all the work that day!)
Dana's room really turned out great! It's probably hard to tell from the pictures, but she chose two grey colors for the room. Her chocolate sofa is going to look great once it arrives in a few weeks!


After such a hard day's work, we treated ourselves to some BBQ. We're getting nicely acquainted with Dana's neighborhood. So many places to choose from! Before we left, we thought it a great opportunity to get a family photo. We take so few these days.

Dana also couldn't resist doing a few touch-ups before dinner!
Sunday was full of activity for Mike. He had his first golf lesson which I think went well. By late morning, he was hard at work on the bathroom again. He took a break after lunch so we could stop off to see Dean and Klaire, and new baby Hailey at the hospital! She arrived early Saturday morning and we couldn't resist sneaking a peak. She is so tiny and so adorable! Seeing Noah there next to her, it was hard to believe he was once that small! It was great to see them and things seemed to be good for the family. Mike came home and worked some more on the bathroom. After dinner, he decided to practice what he learned in his golf lesson. Noah was all about "helping' him. We got out his golf set so he could practice alongside daddy. Not sure he quite has the hang of it yet, but he sure loved being outside!

Noah is getting really good at saying "pease" (please!) He's also trying out new words all the time. None have stuck yet, other than "all done!" This morning on the ride to work, he said "mama, pease" and he kept saying it while making the sign for the word. I couldn't figure out what he was asking for until he finally threw a fit and pointed to the DVD. We've created a monster! Oh well, at least he's a polite monster!
I hope next weekend is more low-key. We're ready for a break!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Dana sure picked out some wonderful colors for her living room and I like the color swash she picked out for the kitchen. It's really great that Mike and Corri are there to give Dana a helping hand. They are real troopers. I had a great time with Noah and the kids this past weekend. I can't believe how quickly the time flew buy.

    ReplyDelete