Monday, November 23, 2009

Daddy and Noah

The weekend was rather low-key but Noah enjoyed lots of time with his Dad. I spent Friday afternoon with friends, enjoying movies and shopping! Mike and Noah spent the evening reading and playing.
One of Noah's favorite activities is to color. We try to do some of it every weekend. He may have some artist in him!

Saturday we got some errands done and once again it was Noah and Daddy for the evening while I tried to win some poker money. I did not win but I did enjoy good food, good company and some good bluffing!

We spent Sunday cleaning and while doing so, Noah discovered his daddy's hat. He's never been one to wear hats, but finding these, he was all about it, especially once he discovered daddy wanted to where it! I had to capture it on film because it was just so darn cute!

We took him for a wagon ride Sunday evening, to which all he could repeatedly say was "wow!" It was so adorable! I then had to leave the boys once again to meet some of my agency folks for dinner who were in for a meeting today.

I had a parent/teacher conference last week and learned that Noah is doing very well. He's adjusted to his new classroom very well (they expected him to cry and be upset a lot longer than he was). Nowadays, once he sits down for breakfast, he gives me a kiss, says "bye-bye" and shoos me away. He also is quite taken with his teacher Ms. Nancy. He keeps a constant eye on her and if she leaves the room, he gets upset. This is a woman he didn't want anything to do with when he first moved rooms. She obviously won him over!
He does very well with his silverware and he loves to build with blocks. I was told today that he counted from 1 to 10 in English AND in Spanish! What?!?! How crazy is that? His teacher asked him if he wanted to do it again and of course he said, "no". He's been counting to three at home with us and he's taken a strong interest in books, especially as they pertain to animals, bright colors and simple words. He's still not saying more than one word at a time, but his vocabulary does seem to expand.
We're really looking forward to the family visit this week for Thanksgiving. We have so much to be grateful for!
I hope that everyone has a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment