Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving break. Noah got very excited for all the family coming to visit. When he heard Grandpa Blick was coming in Wednesday, he put on a hat to celebrate. He's enjoying hats more and more but only if he gets to choose them and put them on. For example, he was wearing a pink stocking cap when I picked him up today and didn't want to take it off. Hopefully this bodes well as it gets cold (this week for example!)
Wednesday when we got home, Noah enjoyed spending time with Grandpa Blick and he especially enjoyed the present that Grandpa couldn't resist giving (it was supposed to be for Christmas!). Mike was exhausted from getting his butt kicked in golf by my dad (although not enough to keep him from playing again on Friday!)



Thursday we were up bright an early (as is the case everyday with our early bird) and prepared to spend the day at Uncle Matt and Emily's. I did some baking while the boys all played together and enjoyed some beautiful weather. Noah couldn't resist being outside and loved all of the wagon rides he got from family.
Grandma and Grandpa Reichert, along with Aunt Megan, arrived around noon on Thursday. We let Noah take his nap and headed over after. He was quick to give and receive hugs from the family when we arrived.

I got a few quick pictures of the day in but not enough and the day just got away from me. Here is a rare picture of Mike and I along with me and Dana.

By the way, Dana and I went shopping together on Sunday and once again got asked if we were twins. Really? I just don't see it - I get the resemblance, but that's about it.

Noah really loved spending time with Grandma Reichert. He enjoyed all of the time they had together throughout the weekend. They are sharing some musical talents on Thanksgiving.

Noah didn't forget about Uncle Matt and he's looking forward to gaining an Aunt in Emily (Noah is very taken with all the women in his life!) He loves to horse around with his Uncle too.

We had an amazing dinner, prepared by Matt and Emily. We were joined by Emily's mom and her sister's family. It was nice getting to know them and Noah was so taken with baby Graham, the newest edition to Emily's family. There is something about babies that holds a warm place in Noah's heart. He loves on baby Dillan at school. Find him a baby and he'll love on him or her!
Friday came and went with a few shopping outings but otherwise a relatively low-key day. Mike had another challenging day on the golf course but he couldn't resist the beautiful weather and spending time with the men in the family. I expect Noah to be out there next year! Saturday morning we had to say goodbye to Grandpa Blick. Noah is sharing some morning time with Grandpa while Mike was at a golf lesson.

Saturday afternoon Noah and I had the opportunity to attend a live show of Yo Gabba Gabba. This is a TV show that airs on Nick Jr. and the kids all seem so taken with it! You'll see a few pictures below - it's a wacky show and you wonder who comes up with this stuff but it makes Noah happy! My girlfriend, Ginny and her daughter got us the tickets so we enjoyed the show together!




Saturday night was family night in where we enjoyed pizza and some Wii. Noah loved having everyone at the house and horsing around with family.
He convinced his Uncle Matt to play with him and then it was on to Aunt Megan for some book time.
Grandma is always good for hugs.
Sunday morning, Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Megan came by to say goodbye and head back to Alabama. We got some good pictures with everyone and there was lots of love shared.



Look at this happy boy! Well, happy as long as he's getting his way!
This is one of my favorite pictures of Noah and Grandpa! Too sweet!
Noah and daddy spent the rest of the day together while I finished up the Christmas shopping with Aunt Dana. It was an all day ordeal but I got it done! It was also fun to spend the day with my sister, doing what we love (shopping!!)
This week is a busy one (as usual) but my winter Fridays begin so it helps to make the weekend a little longer! Since the shopping is done, I hope to just enjoy the time with my family. Being December, it's a busy time, regardless, with holiday parties and events.
I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving, full of good food, family and together time.
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment