Monday, February 22, 2010

Just Another Weekend

Our weekend fun started early with Thursday night bedtime. We had family fun in Noah's room, playing music, dancing and getting crazy! We got a few pictures and a video of Noah dancing. Not the best example to set, but it was so cute we couldn't resist. (We hoped it might wear him out!)






We did go to work/school on Friday and it was "boys night in" as I had my lady's poker night. Lucky me, I took second place! Mike let me come home since I won some money. Saturday was spent packing up more "stuff" and we took a lot to my sister's. She needed some help with a few house projects so we headed up north for the afternoon. Dana was kind enough to help me run a few errands while Noah played with Daddy at her house.
I secured tickets via a media rep, to see a comedian playing in the area. We had a lovely night out - the comedian was very funny! Matt was kind enough to watch Noah that night and even review our taxes. Once again, we owe! Just love the government...
Sunday we went to church as a family. Noah looked so cute, I couldn't resist getting a few pictures. He so rarely is dressed up!



Sunday was more of the same - packing, cleaning, packing, laundry, packing. Oh! Best part of the day is when we all took naps! Can't remember how long it's been since I had a nap. It was wonderful! I think weekend naps should become mandatory.
Noah is doing an amazing job of talking. There are times we still have trouble understanding him, but overall it's good. He's putting words and sentences together. He enjoys talking so much, he's been very active with his play cell phones. I don't know who he's talking to but he's very animated as he does so. He's also picked up an interesting habit at school. I'm guessing it comes from a book they read. Now, instead of just telling us "no," he tells us "no way!" The joys of a toddler...It's funny until it's followed by a screaming tantrum. (Which is the norm these days.)
We are still struggling with sleep time. It's been 4-5 days now and he's still screaming uncontrollably until he just passes out from exhaustion. It's tough on us all but I know in the long run it's the right thing to do. He's gotten so used to us helping him to sleep, we've become a crutch. It's obvious to his teachers he's not sleeping well, as he's ready to pass out before lunch every day. The good news is that he's mostly stopped waking in the middle of the night. Baby steps - I understand it could take a couple weeks before he's in the routine. Say a prayer for us all!!
That's it for this week. I don't expect the weekends to be overly exciting since our focus is packing, but we'll keep you in the loop anyway!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment