This week came and went. I was traveling for 2 days of the week. The meeting went really well so I came back to town happy to see my family and feeling pretty good. When Thursday rolled around, the snow began around 3am. And it snowed. And it snowed. And it snowed. By 1pm, my office shut the doors. I picked up Noah and we headed up to Frisco to wait until our inspection. We debated postponing but everyone was still on board so we continued. We really just wanted to get it done so we could move forward. Good news is that there were only a few minor fixes that needed to happen so we are well on our way to moving to our new home!
Oh, we also go things worked out from a moving standpoint. We are turning over possession of our house at 8am Friday the 19th. We take ownership of our new place at noon on Friday. We're going to hire a mover that can load our stuff on Thursday and then deliver it on Friday. We already have a referral of someone who'll do it. That will give us Thursday night to clean the house and then we'll stay with Dana Thurs. night. Looks like it's all working out!
The evening of inspection, Dana met us at the new place for a tour. Once complete, we grabbed some dinner in Frisco. We headed home around 7:30 and it took about an hour to get home. The roads were not great and the wind kept blowing the snow everywhere. By late that evening, Mike's office closed as did ours. GOOD! I didn't think we'd be able to venture in on Friday anyway. When we woke, this is what we saw:
From what I heard, this was the most snow Dallas had seen in many, many years (and from what I've seen in the 11 that I've been here!)! I think they tracked around 12" in some parts! Needless to say, while I worked, Mike entertained Noah. He had to go outside and with all the snow, what kid could resist? I never thought I would ever see the day when my son was outside in DALLAS playing in the snow!
that is one big snowman!
Even after the snowman was built, Noah was not ready to come inside. Mike took him out the back where they made snow angels. :-) I think when he finally did come in, he was ice cold all over! Didn't seem to phase him much.
We began taking things off the walls that evening and patching up holes. I started getting a bit overwhelmed with all the work we have ahead of us. We're going to be living in the midst of boxes for a while! There is plenty to keep us busy between work and packing. I know the time to move will come before we know it.
Noah is getting really good at communicating. He loves to count to 10 and sing his ABC's. I was able to capture some of that Saturday.
Noah is still having a lot of difficulty sleeping at night and it's a nightmare trying to get him to take a nap. On Sunday he was so upset he made himself sick. I really don't know how to make things any easier for him. I'm already prepared for the difficulties once we move. Can't wait.
Valentine's day was spent doing more of the same. Lots of packing and we'll do a little celebrating with Champagne and fondue tonight! I've got a jam-packed week ahead and Mike always seems to stay busy too.
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah
No comments:
Post a Comment