Noah and I were on our own for the weekend since Mike had a bachelor party to attend. After getting home Friday from pictures, we began dinner. Noah was introduced to bubbles at his pictures so of course, that's all he wanted to do. Since I can't be in all places at once, I decided to let him have his fun outside while I cooked dinner. I left the door open so I could keep an eye on him. Well, that eye was focused on the stove and before long, when I called to Noah, there was no answer. I looked outside and couldn't see him. Here is where I had a bad mommy moment. I let him take his helium balloons outside (yes, the ones from Valentine's day that just won't deflate). They were no where to be seen either. I figured, he couldn't go far, it's just the backyard. Well, somehow, the gate was unlocked and as I turned the corner to go running after him, there were his balloons and no Noah. I was full panic mode now, yelling his name and running to the front of the yard. Noah is now at an age where he thinks it's fun to hide from his parents. He also closes his eyes and believes if he can't see you, then you can't see him. Thank the Lord, but he was safe and sound at the neighbor's front door. As my heart made it's way back into my chest, I grabbed him tightly and told him always to answer when mommy calls. He thought it was pretty funny. That's when I realized how easy they can get away from you when you look away for just a minute. Scariest minute of my life. Luckily, that was it for the excitement for the evening. Noah has been doing relatively well going to bed at night now. Don't get me wrong, he still fights the actual going to sleep part, but he's no longer waking up in the middle of the night (well, not usually but I'll save that for my next story).
I had a fun day planned for Saturday. We got up and ready to head to the mall, where I planned to get Noah a few summer clothes, some more pj's and just let him be outside. I told him to smile so I could get a picture of him in his pretty green shirt. This is how he's smiling these days - I think it reminds me of my cousin Casey, when he was little. :-)
After the mall, we came back to the house and took a walk around the neighborhood with the wagon. Note that I did not say I pulled Noah around in the wagon. He prefers to pull it himself with a minor break where he gets in for a few minutes to rest. Once we got back, it was more bubble time and he had a blast blowing bubbles (until he dumped the bottle on the floor).




We ran to Target to get some groceries and went to 5p mass. He was not the best little boy there, but certainly not the worst. There was also a wasp flying around the church and seemed to like the pew we were sitting in so I was constantly trying to make sure the thing wasn't around Noah. Noah especially liked talking when it was quiet in church. He was a handful, to say the least. We stopped by Uncle Matt and Aunt Emily's for a few minutes to pick up something we're storing at their place. After the full day we had, you'd think Noah was ready for bed, but I think I was more tired than he was. It took about 30 minutes to get him to go down but it finally happened. Then, 2am rolls around and I start to hear yelling. I run to the bathroom before heading to his room and then the screaming really starts. He also starts slamming the gate that's in his doorway. As I head towards the door, the screaming is getting closer . He's at our door as I open it. I asked him if he had a bad dream and he says yes. Although, I don't think he understood what I was asking, he was just happy that I was holding him. I let him sleep with me since daddy wasn't home. He got in some good rest and didn't wake until 7. That was nice and I would have enjoyed it more had his feet not stayed in my side most of the night. Oh well.
Sunday he did a really good job of entertaining himself while I got some cleaning done. It was another rainy day so the walk/being outdoors was out. He's gotten a kick of turning his chair over and using it as a tent.
We had a brief visit with my friend, Karen and her two daughters, Harper and Olivia. Noah had a brief meltdown when he didn't get his way at Karen's with a toy that was Olivia's, but I suppose that is par for the course these days. He got to spend a little time at Uncle Matt's again so I could catch a movie with my sister and cousin. Mike picked him up from there.
It will be a nice short week for us since we close on Friday! Oh, speaking of, we had a little bit of house drama on Friday. Earlier in the day, our Realtor informed us that the appraisal on our house was coming in lower than what we sold it for. We weren't sure what this would mean, other than either the deal falling through or having to go back and lower the price. Luckily, by the end of the day, they were able to make the numbers come in. Whew! God was smiling on us that day! We are full steam ahead. We still have to get some of the house repaired before the walk-through Thursday, but I'm sure it will all work out. We're ready for it all to be done!
Until next time - love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah


No comments:
Post a Comment