This was the weekend of the big St. Patty's Day parade. Friday night I had poker, got home at 12:30am and lost. Once I got home, Noah woke up and cried for 20 minutes. I opted to go in and lay with him in hopes he would go back to sleep. by 1:45, I decided I'd had enough and wanted my own bed. He started crying again, to which Mike then got up. We finally had to shut his door and let him scream for another 30 minutes before he finally fell back asleep. Here we go again...I think we got back to sleep around 2:30 but then had to get up at 7a Saturday to get down to the parade. We were slightly tired. Noah woke up and acted as if nothing had happened. He was raring to go. We made it down by 8 and found one last spot near our post. Our friend, Dean, got there at 5:30 to reserve the same spot he's gotten for the past 8 years. We got some great shots of Noah and he was genuinely happy just to be outside and running around. He made a great new friend in Dean, who paid him lots of attention.







By the time the parade began (we'd been there 3 hours), Noah was pretty pooped. He still watched the parade, but with limited interest.



We got to the car at noon and I think he was out within 5 minutes! Once we got home, we all had some lunch and Mike and I retired to bed for a nap. Noah wasn't interested so we let him watch TV (our babysitter). That evening we loaded up the car with more boxes and headed to Dana's. We got to visit with her for a little while before her friends got in from Wichita. We then went over to my friend, Kara's, for their annual St. Patty's Party. Noah made lots of new friends there as well. The weather was beautiful and he got plenty of time outside that day.
Sunday was another pretty day. After I got back from church, we had lunch and I took Noah to get his hair cut. By the time we got him, Noah was out. He looked so cute asleep, I couldn't resist a picture!

After nap time, we went out for a walk and spent some time outside. It got up to 70 degrees today and was almost too warm for what we were dressed in! I was also able to get some much needed packing done. We are close, but are quickly running out of boxes. We might just end up throwing things in Target bags on Thursday!
I'm thrilled for the short week. We close on our new home tomorrow afternoon. I will be glad once it's done - that will mean everything is final and we'll be ready to rock and roll come Thursday.
Cheers to everyone and we'll be seeing you from the door of our new house!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:
Post a Comment