Sunday, April 18, 2010

Girls Weekend

The week came and went quicker than we could imagine.  Last weekend was a busy one filled with lots of house work, inside and out.  Dana watched Noah both days for us so we could get some things done.  Since the weather was so nice, we were able to go on a few walks.  One day Noah looked at me and said, "I happy mommy".  Now, what mom doesn't want to hear that?!?!  What beautiful words and what a moment.  All it took was a walk outside to make him happy.  If only life was that simple.

He has also really enjoyed his swing outside.  We come home almost every night and swing for a while. Its been great having such nice weather.  Rain set in this weekend but should clear by next.

Noah has developed quite the fetish.  One morning as we were getting ready for work, Noah began going through my shoes in the closet.  This is not the first time.  He enjoys picking out a pair and walking around in them.  It's pretty cute actually.  If only I could get him to put them away when he's done...

This weekend was one I was very much looking forward to.  My friend, Julie, turned 40 a few weeks ago and this was our "girls weekend" to celebrate.  My bestie, Christy, flew in to surprise Julie and along with Ginny, the four of us had a day of food, shopping and spa.  We capped it off with a movie at my place.  

We really had the best time and it was so nice to have a fun day without worry, kids, or housework!  Everyone spent the night and I made us a big breakfast before reality set in and it was time to get back to life. Christy flew back to LA early afternoon so that leaves Noah and I to hang out for the evening until Mike returns from his class.

Mike took Noah to Dana's yesterday so he could get some things done and then they spent the evening together.  Hard to believe it's already Sunday afternoon and it's time to think about work another week.  
I think we'll all be happy if we survive this week.  I've got Supper Club Wed. night, dinner with friends Friday and our couch is finally delivered on Saturday!  YAY!
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.
Love to all,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment