Sunday, June 6, 2010

Swimming Lessons

So as I said before, this was to be a short week.  We got back Monday night and Noah and I went back to work/school on Tuesday.  Mike stayed home to get some studying done and wait for the irrigation guy to come out to review our landscape/drainage issue.  Wed. Mike was home again due to illness but seemed to feel better by Thursday.  However, he stayed home again on Thursday as our media room was being completed, the pest control guy was coming out and the plumber made a visit.  The good news to the day was that our media room was done!  I say that in the loosest sense since we still have to paint and decorate the room.  At least the heavy lifting is done!  Now for the bad news...looks like it wasn't an irrigation issue after all.  We think the leak is coming from underneath the house.  The plumber said we have to turn off the water until Monday to let it dry out so he can get in there and see what the problem is.  n addition, the pest control guy found condensation on our AC so he thinks we should have that looked at.  Great.  So, looks like we're moving in with my sister for the weekend, along with my mother, since we can't use any water at the house.  There is no telling how much it's going to cost us or what the issue is.  I guess it's a good thing we have home owner's insurance.  Not sure what to do about the AC.  I guess Mike will have someone come take a look at it to see if there are any major issues.  Doesn't surprise me though as the upstairs has been having a lot of trouble cooling off.  I wonder if we've moved into the money pit?!

Friday, Mom, Dana and I spent the day at Canton.  We each found some goodies - I got most of Noah's bathroom decor found and am very excited to get it painted and then decorated.  That will be one more room complete!  My mom was awesome and Wed. painted his room for us so that looks wonderful and we're well on the way to getting his room completed!  My goal is to pick a paint for the baby's room and work on that later this summer.  We're waiting to find out the sex first.  Speaking of, if all goes well, we should know Monday!!  We are very excited to put the mystery at rest, pick a name and begin getting things ready.  We'll be sure to let everyone know!!

Noah began swim lessons today.  We were very excited for him to start learning and not be so afraid of the pool.  Have I mentioned he's in the terrible two's?  We get there and there are 5 other little boys in the class, most around 18 mos. with one other close but younger to Noah.  Noah is the only one fighting not to get into the pool.  Once I getting him in, all he can do is scream NO!  To everything.  NO to singing, NO to splashing, NO to the water.  Grandma came to watch and I think she was in awe of how difficult he was being.  The coach even tried a few things and he screamed NO to her as well.  It was STOP SINGING, TOO LOUD, BE QUIET.  So embarrassing!  Since they all have little ones, I'm sure they sympathized with me, but it still wasn't easy.  Thank goodness the lesson was only 30 minutes!  Then of course, he didn't want to get out of the pool, but he didn't want to obey the orders either.  Mom took pictures, but they are on her camera so unfortunately I have nothing to post, but I'll send them your way eventually. 
After lessons, Noah was insistent we go to the pool.  Mom and I decided that since Mike was out for the day, Dana had a hair apt. we'd go ahead and take him to the pool to practice what he learned.  His coach highly recommended we do that before the next lesson.  We got to the pool and again, he didn't want to get in but grandma was pretty persuasive.  Before long he was in the pool and actually wanting to swim!!  He did a great job kicking his legs while I moved him around the pool.  He also had to practice blowing bubbles in the water.  He didn't love that part, but did it a few times.  The monkey crawl is also a big one.  It's where they hold on to the side of the pool and shimmy over to the steps.  This is in case they ever fall in the water, they can kick over to the side, then hang on until they find stairs and can climb out.  He was monkey crawling all over the pool!  It was great to see how quickly he grasped the concept.  The last lesson was to float on his back.  He wasn't having any of this.  We tried a few times but to no avail.  That is going to be a tough one.  I'm sure it scares him not to see behind him.  Hopefully we can get to the pool a few more times before next week to practice. 
We didn't stay out there too much longer as we knew he was tired and he's not sleeping very well at Dana's.  He's on the floor of our room but seems to wake extra early and won't go back to sleep.  We've got two more nights like this and I can only hope he'll be ok back in his bed Monday night (I really hope we can sleep in our house Monday night!)
Mike spent Sunday painting the kids' bathroom.  I picked an aqua color and will be decorating with fish.  I've pretty much purchased all of the decor so I'm excited to put it together.  Just need to find a shower curtain, towels and mats to go with now!  Something is definitely wrong with the AC.  It was a sauna upstairs all day while Mike painted.  I guess it's a blessing that we aren't there because there is no way Noah would be able to sleep.
It's been really great having Mom here all week - she has to head home on Monday.  She's been a really great sitter; I've actually gotten a nap in the past few days which has been much needed!  I know Noah is going to be very upset and will ask about her for days.  All last week when she was staying with Dana he wanted to know where Grandma was.  We'll be going to Wichita in another few weeks so it won't be long before he can see her again. 
Keep your fingers crossed and send lots of prayers that our water situation isn't too bad!  Stay tuned!
Love,
Corri, Mike, Noah and baby R.

No comments:

Post a Comment