Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Nothing better than spending a long weekend in Napa Valley, celebrating a wedding with family!  My brother-in-law, Matt, married his sweetheart, Emily and what a beautiful ceremony and party!  Mike and I flew out on Friday, leaving the kiddo with Grandma Blick and Aunt Dana.

We enjoyed a very leisurely weekend.  Mike surprised me for our anniversary (which was last Thursday) with flowers and Champagne in our room when we arrived! 




























We stayed at a very cute bed and breakfast, minutes from downtown Napa.  He treated me to a wonderful anniversary dinner that night. He's very much full of surprises.  We closed out the night back at our hotel, sitting outside drinking the Champagne.
Saturday we hit some wineries and I really enjoyed watching him taste wine.  No, I really didn't, but I did take a few sips here and there.  We met up with Matt and Emily and their friends, John and Theresa to complete the afternoon. 


Groth Winery was by apt. only and we made a last minute one.  It was a good decision because their wine was great and I think we'll definitely look for it in store!
Rubicon was a winery across from where we had lunch reservations.  Since we had 45 minutes to kill, we thought we'd just walk it.  That was a mistake.  The winery was about 2 miles up the road so let's just say, we missed our reservation!  The winery was very cool though.  It was quite the mansion and on the inside reminded me of a castle.  Just beautiful!



























It got downright hot in Napa - days in the mid-80s but the mornings and evenings were just fantastic!  It definitely beat the 90 degree weather happening in Dallas.
That evening was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

We couldn't have a rehearsal dinner without a story from Dad about Matt as a boy.   Apparently he loved garbage. 

The Reichert kids - which one of them isn't like the other.  Or should I say, which one is the drunk one?  Difficult guess, right?!

Just having fun!!

Sunday was a very relaxing day.  I spent it with Denise and Megan wandering downtown while Mike stayed in to study for a few hours.  The wedding was that night so before we knew it, it was time to get ready!

As I mentioned ,it got rather hot while in Napa and the wedding was outdoors.  I sympathized with all of the gentlemen wearing suits.  The women were lucky since we could wear lighter clothing.


The ceremony was beautiful and you could see the love between the two.  Weddings always seem to bring out the love in all couples so it was a fun evening all around!





Meanwhile, back at the house, I understand that Noah was keeping Grandma and Dana very entertained.  Grandma took Noah to the pool a few days.  She really knows how to wear that kid out!
I think he napped like this for a good while! I was very proud of him overall and how well he did without us.  Sunday morning when I spoke with him, it about broke my heart.  He told me how much he missed me, loved me and asked when I was coming home.  It was hard not to lose some tears over that one.  The more he learns to talk, the harder it does get to be away.  I knew he was in good hands though and was having much more fun than we could have with us home.  We have no regrets leaving him in Dallas while we enjoyed a nice weekend away but it was definitely enough time for us to miss him.  He was so excited when we got home and that was enough.  Of course, that lasted all of one day.  As soon as Grandma left for Dana, the tears came out and he wanted to go with her.  Well, I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder, but only briefly!

The week turned out to be a very short one...
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment