Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Upfront Week 5/17-5/21

Yes, I know I'm severely behind in my blog posts but I hope to catch up very soon.  In the meantime, enjoy details from 2 weeks ago!

What a whirlwind week I had the week of May 17th! I left for NY early Monday morning and that afternoon began my meetings. Through the course of the week, I attended FOX, ABC, CBS, Turner and ESPN meetings. They rolled out their new shows along with their new technologies. In between meetings, we had lunches and dinners with network reps. This may sound fun, and they are, but they are also work as it’s a lot of shop talk and schmoozing. It’s nice that we have good people on our business though. It makes it so much easier! Monday night at the FOX Upfront, I got to see my favorite show, Glee, perform live – they are just amazing! I also got a picture with some of the cast afterwards.














Good start to the week! I have to say though, the highlight of my trip had to be the CBS party where I got some pictures of some of my favorite celebrities!

Two from How I Met Your Mother, Neil Patrick Harris and Josh Radnor,


as well as my childhood crush (who am I kidding – I still have a crush!) Chris O’Donnell

 and the ever amazing LL Cool J.
 All were incredibly nice and gracious, which makes me like them even more. By the end of the week, I was exhausted and absolutely looked forward to seeing my two favorite guys. When I spoke to Mike Friday morning, he told me overall Noah had a good week (I’m thinking he didn’t want to worry me) but if he was telling the truth, I’m glad to know all went well.

I probably could have gone without the story he told me, but since I had to hear it, you get to too. Mike told me he found Noah one morning in the living room with his hand full of what looked like avocado. Mike was very curious what he had since he had no idea where he got it. He found out soon enough as he got closer. Noah decided to stick his hand down his pants and pull out poo. Yes, that’s right. And it was green. GROSS. Can anyone say, we need to get this kid potty trained fast?!  I hope you weren't eating as you read this...

We had intended to go to a baseball game Friday night when I got home but it just didn't work out.  Instead we enjoyed some family time together at home 

Mike left for his business trip early Saturday morning. It was me and munchkin for the week. Dana spent much of the weekend with us.  We took Noah to the mall where he enjoyed his first ride on the carousel.  He had a blast!
I was very blessed to have Dana help me out with Mike being gone.  The week following, Dana had her car in the shop so she stayed with us and we carpooled. It was nice to have someone around in our otherwise, big, empty house!

Mike got home late Wednesday night.  He stayed home on Thursday to get some things done.  By the time Noah and I arrived home from work/school, my mom was there and had dinner on the table.  Boy, a girl could get used to this!  She came to town so that Mike and I could go to California to attend his brother's wedding in Napa.  A rough life, we know!   That is my next blog post.  I need to download pictures but I'll be sure to share about the wonderful weekend!

On another note, I admit, I have been remiss about talking about our upcoming new arrival. I have been hesitant to post until we knew things were going well and all family had been notified. Now that I can check those boxes, I’m happy to report that our 2nd baby is due Nov. 8 and all is going well! I finally got over my nausea about 3 weeks ago. Up until then, I felt ill 24 hours a day. The only thing that seemed to help was food. I’m unhappy to report I think I’ve gained 10 lbs in the first trimester. I was so good with Noah, I can only hope things even out and I stay within 25 lbs for this pregnancy. We definitely plan to find out what we’re having and should know next Monday! We’ve been talking to Noah about becoming a big brother and asking if he wants a brother or sister. He doesn’t really know what we’re asking so until he sees mommy’s belly getting bigger, and more probably, once the baby arrives, he’s not really going to get it. We hope to get Noah’s room, along with the baby’s, completed this summer. We are also busy with the media room, trying to get that done as well. That will be very nice for Mike and I to have a “date night” after the little ones go to bed since I imagine we’ll get out even less once we have two to manage.

I’ll be sure to report on the little munchkin as we know more.

Love to all,

Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment