Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Weekend

Happy 4th of July!  Ok, so I might be a little late on that, but hopefully everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend.  I know we enjoyed ourselves surrounded by family and good food!  The festivities started early with Noah at school on the 1st.  All the kids decorated a shirt and then had a parade outside where all the parents could come cheer them on.  You can see Noah is in the spirit with his flag.
Saturday mid-morning, Grandma and Grandpa Blick arrived.  We enjoyed some lunch together and running some errands before preparing a fabulous dinner!  We had hoped to go to Freedom Fest in Frisco but the rain kept us away.  We heard the fireworks going off around 9:45 that night but never actually saw them.

Sunday the gentlemen had plans to play golf early in the am.  Good thing the rain stayed away overnight. 
My mom was a savior and got up with Noah every morning to entertain him.  Since Mike was gone early, Sunday was no exception.  She kept him entertained while I got ready for church.
After mass, Mom and I took Noah to the pool.  We were the only ones there which was really nice!  Noah still have a fear of the water to some degree.  He does not want to go under and definitely wants to be held.  I bought him this life jacket in hopes he would start getting more comfortable knowing he would float.  He wouldn't even let us test it.  We brought lots of toys to play with an a raft to float on.  He got in a water gun shooting war with my mom.  

But he also had fun floating on his gi-normous seal raft.

We took some time to practice what we learned in swimming lessons.  He likes to kick but it's still a struggle to get him to climb out of the pool or to jump back in.  Hopefully as we continue to work with him, it will get easier.  I'm going to make sure the second baby is in the water much sooner!  Lesson learned...


That evening Noah wanted to "help" outside.  so he basically watered the patio and I think he even got some of Matt's foot.  It keeps him happy, but I think I'd better get some flowers planted so his work will go to good use!

Matt and Emily were able to join us for dinner that evening which was nice.  The weather wasn't too bad since I think the rain/clouds kept the heat at bay.  We were able to spend more time outside.

Mike and dad were preparing the skewers for the BBQ.  I think Mike was under a lot of pressure.  He looks so happy here, doesn't he?


Matt and Mike were a good team, checking on the meat to make sure they were done.  


After a very filling meal, we headed outside to play some washers until it got dark.  Mom took Noah for a walk and we waited for them to get home to start playing with our own "fireworks."  We got Noah a variety of "poppers" to play with.  He definitely got into it the more we popped them.  By the time we were out, he was still asking for more.

Monday Mom, Dana and I had the chance to do some shopping.  "Someone's" birthday is coming up so it was nice to get some shopping done without a 2 year old whining and complaining.   Mike and Dad took Noah to the pool while we enjoyed our girls day out.

We got home in time for everyone to enjoy a nap.  Noah had been off his regular schedule with all the visitors so was not sleeping as well as he should have been.  He got in a nice long nap, which afforded the rest of us some sleep.  For dinner we decided to go out (enough cooking!) and enjoy some Mexican food.  
We couldn't resist a few pictures before we left.  Mike just thinks its too funny that my belly has gotten so big.


Noah is ever the loving little boy.  He's never without lots of hugs and kisses and always has plenty to go around.


It took some prodding but he finally warmed up to daddy and was willing to give him a kiss.  As seen here with a pucker on his face.


Mom and I took him outside to be entertained while waiting for the check.  Sometimes he's in the best mood and will "pose" for pictures.  He always says "cheese" with a smile, but you have to get it quick, because he's ready to move on shortly after.  I was lucky to get this shot - one of my favorites!  


We finished off the night with some fresh custard at a shop on Main street.  Fantastic custard!  Noah shared with grandpa -how generous of him.  He was also more inclined to feed grandpa.  If he fed him, he could determine how much ice cream he actually got!


Noah came up with a new phrase this weekend which made us all chuckle.  When grandma told him she was going to get him and tickle him, he looked at her and said "I don't think so!"  It was the funniest thing!  That became the catch phrase for the weekend.  He's also firmly decided he prefers diapers over the potty.  We've done everything we can to encourage him, but he's not having it.  His teachers say he will do it when he's ready so we're keeping our fingers crossed and saying a prayer that it will be sooner versus later.  I'm not at a point where I want to force the issue since he's not quite 2 1/2 just yet.  I'm just hoping it will be before the baby comes!

Mom and Dad left early Tuesday morning as we all headed out to work/school.  Noah asks nightly where they are and it's just too hard to understand that everyone lives far away.  At least we get visits often enough to appease him.  

We had such a beautiful weekend with family, despite not seeing fireworks, and we look forward to the next visit we get!

We salute all of those who are or have served our country to preserve our freedoms.  We are a blessed nation and I can only hope it stays that way.  

Love to all,
Corri, Mike, Noah and Baby Boy R.

No comments:

Post a Comment