Yesterday was a great day for 2 reasons:
#1. Mike was finally able to feel the baby kick! Even being my second pregnancy, there is just such joy being able to feel and bond with my child growing inside. Mike (and other husbands and dads) will never get to partake of the moment like us women do; however, this is the time when they can begin to feel a part of it - when they experience their child like we do. I'm probably making more out of it than he would, but I was pretty excited about it- it also validates that I am not crazy and there really is something inside my growing belly (that's not gas or indigestion!)
Noah seems to get there is something afoot. He always wants to be carried and when we rock, he's interested in laying on my belly. Now, that could be that since it's getting bigger, it looks to be a nice big cushy spot to lay his head; or, he wants to try to squish what is inside. I'm assuming the former. I try not to talk too much about the baby with him right now. We keep telling him he's a big kid and so now he keeps saying he's "too big" not quite understanding he should say he's "too little."
#2. I think I have previously expressed our frustration with the fact that Noah has no intention or desire to be potty trained. Every time we ask him if he'd like to sit on the potty (before bath, bed and in the morning) he always says, "no thank you." He's very polite, but not ever the answer we're looking for. Last night, like every night, was bath time and I once again asked Noah if he'd like to sit on the potty and once again, the answer was "no thank you." Of course, before I set him in the tub, I remind him that he's not to pee in it (that's what pottys are for) and if he needs to go, he needs to tell mommy. So I set him down and he begins to play. He's splashing away, when all of a sudden he exclaims "poo poo mommy." So I ask him if he needs to poop and he says yes, stands and then says "its coming!" I start to grab for his toilet seat that fits on the big potty and he says "no, little potty." So I drag him out of the tub sopping wet and sit him down. He's only there for about 30 seconds when he says "all done." So, I'm disappointed. I didn't hear any grunting or see the "poo poo face" so I know he hasn't gone. I could at least bask in the fact he was willing to sit on the potty and not go in the tub so that's a start.
He goes to stand up and looks inside. I look down and what to I see?! PEE!!!! YES, MY CHILD PEED IN THE POTTY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! Ok, you are probably thinking I've gone nuts and the fact that I'm writing about my child's inner-workings is alone disturbing, but as a mother, one of the proudest moments I've had thus far is this small act. Now, when he woke up this morning, what do you think he said when I asked if he wanted to sit on the potty? "No thank you." When I asked him to brush his teeth he told me "maybe later" but did it anyway. This gives me hope that he will freely and openly choose to pee and poop on the potty. I will anxiously await that day, but in the meantime, I will enjoy this one small victory.
Cheers,
Corri, Mike, Noah and Baby R.
No comments:
Post a Comment