Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Mother of all Mothers

I know it's been a while since I've written but that is because not a lot has been going on.

We have slowly been making progress with the potty training where Noah will go 1-2x a day in the potty.  We were so excited and thought maybe he was getting closer to ditching the diapers, but...not so much.  It's been 4 days and nothing.  We will keep trying and I'm sure our persistence will pay off but it's hard to be patient.

We celebrated Mike's birthday on Thursday.  I got a great picture of my two guys which is a little surprising since Noah can be rather difficult around daddy sometimes.
It's a great picture if you ask me!
I took Mike out for a quiet dinner that evening while Noah was entertained by Aunt Dana.  She has been a life saver on more than one occasion!  Noah loves his aunt though so he's always happy to see her.

The weekend was relatively low-key...we started the weekend at the pool Saturday morning.  Noah is getting better and better at being in the water.  He's getting closer to floating on his back, he loves to kick and seems to be getting the hang of things.  Other than that, we just worked on Noah's bedroom the rest of the day.  Mike spent hours taping Noah's room so we could paint some stripes - hopefully we'll get it done next week.  We are making progress on his room, but I will be so happy when it's done and I can check that off the list!  

Mike and I took Noah out to Uncle Matt and Aunt Emily's on Sunday.  They watched him while we went to a movie.  Noah had been talking about seeing them non-stop so it was great that they could help us out while he enjoyed their company.  We were so appreciative but were a little concerned that Noah hadn't napped before hand.  We had hoped he would nap at Matt's but we were not so lucky.  He had a wonderful time with the two of them, which is why he never slept.  I thought he'd hang in there long enough for all of us to go to dinner. He definitely didn't want to leave Matt and Emily quite yet.  As soon as we get to the restaurant, he starts throwing fits.  He calmed down with some chips and sitting on my lap.  That didn't last overly long so he moved over to sit with Matt.  I'm going to start calling him the Toddler Whisperer because before long, Noah was out.  He didn't make it to eat dinner.  Matt was kind enough to hold him and eat at the same time.  He slept all through dinner and it wasn't until the car that he woke up.  He stayed awake our entire drive home and didn't go without asking for Matt the entire way.  We had to convince him he could see his Aunt and Uncle again soon.

It was as soon as we got into the house, Noah had the Mother of all Mother Tantrums.  First he didn't want to be put down, but when I had no choice, he then didn't want his shoes off, then he didn't want to take a bath...the screaming began, the tears, the sobs...we got him upstairs and started to undress him but the sobs only worsened.  We got him into the tub, and the kicks began with the sobs. It took everything to get him washed and out of the tub.  We kept asking if he wanted out and the answer was yes. Once he was clean, we tried to get him out and then he didn't want to but the sobs and tears continued.  I dragged him out and got him dressed.  Still crying...
It wasn't until I brought him downstairs, got him some milk and fruit that he quieted enough to eat and drink.  Once he was done, we sat on the couch and it was like nothing ever happened.  I guess this is what is meant by the terrible twos (and a lack of a nap will do this I suppose).  While the tantrums do come and go, this was by far the worst we've seen to-date.  I'm sure we're in for more, but I could do without for a while.  This was draining!

This will be another busy week at work for both Mike and I.  Tomorrow night we're going to check out a new hospital we'll be delivering the baby at (Baylor Frisco).  We won't be going back to Presby Plano due to my doctor's priveledges, but it will work out in our favor to be even closer to home (only 10 minutes from the house).  Hard to believe I'll be 26 weeks on Tuesday.  Close to entering my 3rd trimester already!

Cheers,
Corri, Mike, Noah and Baby R.

No comments:

Post a Comment