So, this will be brief, but I had to capture the moment and share. Noah made a comment to me I'll never forget last night. He came up to me, gave me a big hug and said, "Mommy, you my best friend." If that doesn't melt your heart, I don't know what will! One day when he "hates" me for doing something he doesn't like, I'm going to remind him that at one time, he thought I was his best friend. I still bask in the hugs, kisses and love he bestows on me. I hope that will continue and will be shared throughout his life. Don't get me wrong, he's completely bi-polar right now. One moment he loves you and wants a hug, and the next he's screaming at you because he didn't get what he wants. It's a challenge we're working through, but boy, that kid can drive our patience!
I think we finally figured out the secret to his potty training. It's not fool-proof but it helps...We've gone to bribing him with M&Ms when he pee-pees in the potty and he's also allowed to watch cartoons. If he doesn't go, then no cartoons or chocolate. That has been the biggest driver for him! Even when he doesn't have to go, he still wants to try, he's just that motivated to watch TV. We're still having #2 accidents in the pull-ups and he's no where near in the mood to do that on the potty, but I know he'll come around at some point.
I'm cautiously optimistic when I say this, but we've now had two nights of uninterrupted sleep! I don't know if it was just a growth spurt, or the fact that now that it's gotten cooler at night, but he sleeps better. Whichever the case, we are thrilled not to be woken up in the middle of the night again! Like I said, it's only been 2 days but we are keeping the faith it will continue!!
My other sweet son is doing very well. I went to the doctor last week and to my surprise, he's measuring over 5 lbs right now! If that is in fact true, he's estimated to be over 8 lbs when born (if on time!) My doctor is having me go to a specialist next week to confirm. We don't want him to get too big so he'll still come out ok. :-) He's still very active and staying busy. I hope that is not a sign of things to come outside the womb. I have enough activity with Noah.
I have begun the countdown (only 5 more weeks!) and I've been very busy nesting: preparing clothing, bedding, bottles, etc. I will have to post pictures of the room one of these days. It turned out just as I'd hoped! We can't wait to meet our new addition!
Sorry, no pictures again, but I hope to take some soon!
Love to all,
Corri, Mike, Noah and baby R.
No comments:
Post a Comment