Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Randomness

THE MANY FACES OF NOAH
Ok, so I've actually had some things to say over the course of the past few weeks, but just haven't found the time to posting.  I sure hope I can do a better job once baby R. gets here. I  feel like I did such a good job talking about Noah for the past few years that he would get gypped if I didn't do the same!

Anyway, a few weeks ago, Noah and I were having dinner and for whatever reason, he was being completely silly.  I tried to capture with the camera as you can see below.



He is so entertaining these days! 

OUR NEW FRONT YARD
So a few weeks ago when my parents were in town, Mike and I decided it was time to clean up the beds out front.  We needed to trim the hedges and get rid of all the green!  I felt very blessed to have such wonderful, helpful and capable parents to work the entire weekend with us on getting it in shape.  I've attached the before and after pics below.









Noah wanted to be helpful as well and he did a really good job digging dirt.  Of course, the attention span was short-lived but we appreciated the thought.
  





I'm really happy with the way things turned out but now my fear is keeping everything alive!  I've been really good about watering daily, but already I have a plant that appears dead.  Apparently I do NOT have the golden touch.

GIRL'S WEEKEND
Last weekend, I had my girlfriend, Christy, visit from LA.  We had a wonderful girl's weekend, dining out, shopping and seeing a movie.  It's always good to be with the girls and I'm lucky to have a husband so understanding and willing to watch Noah the entire weekend so I could have my fun!
Here are a few pics - you might be curious what size I am now - EXTRA LARGE, to be exact!


LOVER BOY
Mike informs me this morning that Noah's teacher, last night, mentioned that Noah had kissed a girl and was snuggling with her at pre-school.  WHAT?!  My BABY is already at first base with a girl?!?!  How can this be???  Well, I know how it can be, he's so affectionate with us, it was bound to rub off on one of the many girls he's with at school.  Mike didn't know the girl's name, so I asked Noah who he kissed and he told me Avery.  Well, that makes sense.  He is always talking about her and she is in the pre-school room now.  Yes, an older woman, like father, like son.  I had no idea it would start so soon though.  We are in big trouble...

BABY
I know I already informed the family, but I thought I would document it for posterity so I can talk to my 2nd son about how he's already giving me trouble. ;-)  Went to the doctor yesterday for my first check up in my "countdown to delivery" and I have apparently made such cozy quarters for my son that he is not interested in descending or making one move towards visiting us here on the outside.  I'm not even dilated.  At least with Noah, on the first apt. I was already dropped and at a 1".  My doctor tried to be positive and tell me that now that my body knows what to do, once it starts, it will probably happen quickly.  I say, from her mouth to God's ears!  It is still a bit early anyway.  I just hit 36 weeks.  And of course, there is always next week. Still so many things to get done at work and at home so I should be grateful.  Anyway, stay tuned, maybe there will be something to share next week!  COUNTDOWN TO BABY IS OFFICIALLY HERE!

Ok, that's it for my randomness this week.
Love to all,
Corri, Mike, Noah and baby R. (no, he does not have a name yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment