The second night, we try pulling out the trundle bed, thinking, maybe we'd have better luck sleeping on that. Unfortunately, same thing happened at 2am; he arrived at our door talking about the caterpillars and instead of us losing sleep over it, we did what any bad parent would do and plopped him into bed with us. He was up off and on through the night but we all probably got more sleep than we normally would have.
Friday I was talking to some co-workers of mine and one suggested that instead of trying to rationalize with Noah (we were telling him caterpillars live outside and only eat leaves, etc) that we "buy some magic caterpillar spray" that would make the caterpillars disappear. I thought, what could it hurt? That same day, I was talking to one of the parents at the daycare center (while the kids were running around, high on sugar - I'll explain that in a minute) and mentioned the whole caterpillar thing. She said her daughter asks her every night if there are caterpillars in her room. She asked me if Noah ever talks about the goats and a light goes off! YES!! They are obviously reading about caterpillars and goats at school, although why these kids are now scared of them, I don't know. I kept meaning to ask his teachers, but it slips my mind by the end of the day. At least we know where it's coming from.
So, back to the spray...We get home and I say to Mike (so Noah can hear) that I picked up some caterpillar spray today and asked if he'd spray Noah's room. I have an empty bottle with a caterpillar on it and a "no smoking symbol" around it. We all go upstairs and Noah and I wait outside while Mike "sprays" the room. Noah still wanted to sleep on his trundle that night, but guess what?! HE SLEPT UNTIL 6AM! WAHOO!!! Now, it's only been one night, but we're headed in the right direction! My friend was so smart...I just wonder why I couldn't think of it?!
Halloween begins
Thursday afternoon, I took Noah up to the Mary Kay offices so he could trick or treat with Aunt Dana around the office. Here are a few pictures:
Candy and his balloon bat
Everyone thought he was such a little doll (and who am I to argue?) If you can't tell what he is, he's a fighter pilot. He also has this ridiculously large hat, but it broke before we got there. (I fixed it before the PH party.) We couldn't get him to wear his glasses, but he looked adorable in them! Will try to get a picture Halloween night with them. He did pretty well and of course got lots of candy (that maybe his mom and dad have been hoarding). He was mesmerized by this ghost that pops out of a pumpkin and would have stood there all day if we didn't force him to move along.
Friday was the Pizza Hut Halloween party where there are games and prizes and of course, candy. We got a few more pictures. He found his friend Arden (the one who's also asking about caterpillars and goats).

While waiting foe the costume contest, we allowed the kids to have a cookie and once the sugar kicked in, they went crazy and kept running and hiding under the table. I was a little biz jealous of the energy they had. (Arden is expecting a little sister next spring.)
We are looking forward to a very low-key weekend. Trick or treating Sunday night and then we all are staying home Monday, spending the last day together as a threesome. :-) While we are very ready for our little one to arrive, it's bitter sweet since it has just been the three of us for the past few years. Noah has decided on a name for his baby brother, but we haven't yet. We are still planning to decide once he arrives. We'll be sure to take lots of pictures and let you know as soon as he's here!
Have a great weekend!
Cheers,
Corri, Mike, Noah and Baby R.







No comments:
Post a Comment