Christmas came extra early this year when Uncle Matt and Aunt Emily came and delivered some gifts the Tues. before Christmas. You can see Noah was pretty happy with what he got and loved getting to spend time with his Aunt and Uncle. We missed having them at Christmas this year, but I'm sure they had a wonderful time in Vegas!
Grandpa Blick drove in on Wed. and Uncle Ryan flew in from Chicago on Thurs. to celebrate Christmas with us. Noah really enjoyed spending time with them. I think they were both worn out by the end of the holiday!
We got busy to work on Christmas Eve making cookies for Santa's visit that night. We had a heckofa lot of cookies but we're pretty sure Santa liked them - he ate most of them on his visit!
We all went to Christmas Eve mass where Noah consistently entertained those in front and behind us. He's already embarrassing his parents, but I guess those with kids have been there and done that. When he was acting up, I whispered to him that he was being naughty and he repeats in a loud voice for all to here "I'm not being naughty!" That got a few chuckles from those behind us. Ian even chimed in. After I fed him his bottle, when all was quiet in the church, he let out a huge belch, to which I had folks in front of us turn around. Ah, kids!
Noah was a bit overwhelmed by all of the gifts. While he was anxious to open presents, once we actually got down to it, he preferred to play with the few he opened. You can see he had a good time though. He and Ian both made out like bandits!
Noah had a wonderful time playing with the family and like I said, even got worn out at times!
I couldn't resist adding the pic of Mike and Ian. It was just too cute!!

Uncle Ryan absolutely spoiled the boys! Here Noah is playing with one of his new toys with Grandpa. It's a basketball hoop. football toss and soccer goal all in one!
Ryan headed back to Chicago on Monday and Grandpa had to go on Tuesday. Of course, the fun didn't end there! Grandma Blick was able to join us on Thursday to spend New Year's with us. Noah got a wonderful outdoor present from Grandma and Aunt Dana. A sink to play in!
With the weather being so nice, on Friday we all went to the Dallas zoo. It's small, but perfect to take two small boys to. Although, after all was said and done, Noah didn't want to leave. He would have been content going through the zoo all over again! The rest of us were beat!
Noah loved feeding the goat and getting to pet them!
We couldn't leave the zoo without riding the merry-go-round!
We're now getting ready for another week. It's going to be an interesting one. Mike has been off, but goes back to work tomorrow. Noah's daycare is closed until the 10th when they move into our new building. That means I will have both boys for the week. While Ian has been doing much better sleeping at night (we get about 5-5 1/2 hours at a time!), the days are filled with a pretty fussy boy (unless he's sleeping). I actually have been taking him to a chiropractor to see if it will help with his colic. I'm not sure if it's working yet but last night he was pretty good. I'm not sure if that is a fluke or not.
I'm actually going to start working again on Thursday. I plan to work from home until Jan. 18 when I'll go into the office. I'm looking forward to having the office so close to home now. It should make things easier. It's hard to believe how quickly time is flying by!
I'm now in the process of trying to get Ian's baptism set up and will begin planning Noah's b-day. We're heading to Wichita on Friday for a short weekend. We'll see how the boys fair. Noah has been doing FANTASTIC with the potty! No accidents and we're going both pee and poop! We have been so proud of him. That's one less thing we have needed to worry about.
I hope everyone had a wonderful and special Christmas. As we look back to reflect on the past year, we know we are so blessed, not only with the beautiful children we have, but the loving family and friends that make the world a worthwhile place to be.
Sending love and blessings to all,
Corri & Mike






















No comments:
Post a Comment