Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Sweet Boys

Just thought I would check in and give you an update on my cuties. 

A few weeks ago we opted to switch Ian to a soy formula.  I think it has helped with his gas, but he still has major trouble with reflux.  I think the Prevacid he's on is helping so it doesn't hurt him when he spits up, but we still go through a few outfits a day and LOTS of burp cloths!  The trouble with soy is that it also causes constipation so he gets all sorts of things in his bottles to help with that. 

Ian started daycare this past Tuesday and it was a little rough for him.  I found out that the daycare won't lay Ian on his tummy for naps (as I directed) without a Dr.'s note.  What I find interesting about this is that it's not the Dr. that's responsible for my child, or that they have any idea what is best for them.  All they know is textbook.  I figure, if I'm willing to sign a waiver, then that should be enough.  Anyway, since they refuse to put him on his tummy, he hasn't been sleeping during the day.  He just looks exhausted when I pick him up.  It breaks my heart.  Even his teacher by Friday begged me to get the form signed by the Dr. so he could get some sleep.  My question is, why would the Dr. sign a form that would technically open them up to a lawsuit if anything did happen?  It's a bad gig all around.  On the bright side, Ian has been so tired, he's been sleeping through the night!!  I actually had to wake him on Friday and on Sunday he slept until 6:30!  Now, if we can get his bedtime moved up, we'll be in REALLY good shape!! (I actually never thought I'd see this day comes - it always seems so far off).

On a sweet note, I have a lovely story to share.  The way the daycare is set up, Noah's class is right next to Ian's and he can get up on some stairs and see him.  I guess one day Ian was in his crib just beside himself crying.  Noah heard him and asked to go see him.  He went to his crib, rubbed his hand and told him it would be ok.  Ian stopped crying!!  That really made my day, knowing my sweet eldest son was looking out for his little brother.  He's such a loving little boy!

Oh, and speaking of my sweet boy - we have officially conquered the potty!!  Noah is doing excellent!  I can't remember the last time he had an accident.  Bribery does work...however, now we're trying to wean off the candy and that's another story.  His teeth may fall out and not because they are supposed to!

Ian was in a happy mood yesterday so I got a few shots of him at his best. 

He loves to smile and shares them frequently with us.  It's so fun to see!  We are often greeted in the morning with one of these beauties.  You can't tell me he doesn't look like his daddy. :-)  I need to pay close attention to those eyebrows.  We're getting awfully close to a uni-brow!!

Noah asked if he could hold Ian today - I said he could if he sat down.  He immediately told me he needed the burp cloth (as seen, although not on the shoulder he would need!).  He held him just long enough for me to take the pic and I was then informed me he was too heavy.  :-) 

Noah is actually going to begin his transition to pre-school (age 3-5) next week. His teachers insist he's ready so I say go for it!!  We know he's a smart boy - it will be hard to say "goodbye" to his current teachers, as much as he loves them but it will be great for him. 

My week back to work was fine.  Everyone asks if it was hard, but the 2nd time around, it just isn't.  It helps to see how Noah enjoys his school so I'm not worried.  Ian will be just fine.  It's great to be back around adults, doing what I love.  The craziness still exists and the projects I left three months ago are still around, but that's ok. 

Have a good week!
Cheers,
Corri & the Fam

No comments:

Post a Comment