Ian is growing like a weed, as we all expected. He is now 20 lbs, 7 oz (90th percentile), 27" (75% percentile) and his head remains in the 90th percentile. Yes, we breed big babies. While he's on track developmentally and he's generally a happy baby, we discovered that he does have RSV (brochialitis) which is not good or fun. His oxygen levels are lower than they should be and if they get any worse, we're supposed to get him to a doctor pronto.
We have to give him breathing treatments every four hours which he does NOT enjoy. They only last about 6-10 minutes, but we have to put this large mask on his face which he does not appreciate. I'm not completely sure it's helping his breathing but it is bringing the mucus up. We want that out, not in his chest so that is a good thing.
Since we traumatized him at the doctor's with 2 breathing treatments, we opted to wait on his shots so we get to go back next Friday for those (oh joy!) Mike was home with him yesterday afternoon, I'm home this am and then Mike is back taking over this afternoon. It definitely wreaks havoc on the schedule.
Ian is doing really well with his cereal and we've started introducing veggies and fruits. It's weird that we're already at this stage, but I think back to Noah and I think we introduced to him at 4 months. We're also supposed to give him a sippy cup with water to get him used to a cup. Where does the time go?!
I will just be thrilled when both of my boys are healthy! My hope is that I can keep Noah from getting sick, but what are the odds on that one?!
Cheers,
The Reichert Family
No comments:
Post a Comment