Saturday, May 17, 2008

Whirlwind Week

This was one, long, crazy week! I had to go to NY for Upfront week. For those of you not familiar, they are meetings that the networks have to discuss their fall line up as well as 360 opportunities (like online, outdoor, radio, etc). In year's past, the networks would have large parties after the presentation, along with photos with the celebrities of their shows. This year many parties were cancelled. To be honest, even the ones that did happen, I was just not interested in getting photos - I guess I've outgrown that part. The one I did take this year was with the Janice Dickenson models. The show is "reality" on the Oxygen network. The only reason I got a picture is because the models pulled me over to take one (and who would pass up the opportunity to be seen with beautiful people?!) Don't I just "blend" right in?! :-)

Thanks for the braces Mom and Dad!




While you see smiles, it was actually a really difficult week, being away from Noah. This is the first trip mommy took and being away for 4 1/2 days was miserable! The only thing that kept me going was knowing that daddy and Uncle Matt and sitter Jennifer took very good care of Noah while I was away.


Mike got to experience what it's like being a "single" dad. He was very good about reassuring me whenever I'd call all worried. He was always calm and seemed to have everything under control. Now whether he actually did, I guess we'll never know! I don't think he could have done it without Uncle Matt. He was able to pick Noah up from daycare everyday and entertained him for a few hours until Mike could get home. Thanks Matt - we owe you!!!


I got in on Friday around noon and I can't tell you how excited I was to pick up my boy! I finally made it out of the airport and over to Jennifer's by 2p. Noah was eating a bottle but when he saw me, I saw several smiles peaking out from behind his bottle and that just made my heart melt. Looks like he may have missed me as much as I missed him!


We had a really fun day together on Saturday hanging out. He has gotten more comfortable laying on the floor, although, if the TV is on, you will lose his attention as he finds that so much more fascinating. He has really been discovering his surroundings and items placed right in front of him. Toys are becoming a bigger interest now - anything that makes noise or has fun colors. He loves hands, whether they are his or someone else's. He seems to have found his thumb and sucks on it quite frequently. If he can't find his thumb right away, his entire hand suffices.

It seems he has been saving up his conversations for today as he was very talkative! I even got a few laughs out of him (but have yet to capture it on video).



As I mentioned before, Noah enjoys colors. He now likes his playmat much more than he first did. Probably because he can hold his head up. We also have been "practicing" rolling over, but he hasn't quite gotten it yet. There are pieces he as mastered so I believe it's only a matter of time before he amazes us.



Here's his progress so far.

I just can't tell you how nice it is to be home from him and while it was probably good for both of us, I have no plans to go anywhere without my baby anytime soon! We're looking forward to this next weekend. My summer Fridays start so I'll get to spend Fri. afternoons with Noah. Since it's Memorial Day weekend, we'll have lots of fun time together!

Gotta run - Mike and I are taking Noah for a walk to enjoy some nice family time together! Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment