Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

What a busy and fun 4th of July we had! Noah was fortunate to have both his Grandma and Grandpa Reichert visiting from Alabama, AND Grandma Blick also came to stay and watch him while Mike and I went to a wedding in Houston on Saturday.

Mike and I woke up to quite a surprise on Friday morning. Here is what we saw:
Noah is officially rolling over all the time now! He proceeded to roll from his tummy to his back as well and got better and better throughout the weekend. Grandma Blick said she had him on a blanket on the floor while she was watching a movie on Saturday night and she looked down to check on him and he was already a couple feet away! Mike and I have to look out - he'll be crawling before we know it!

Noah got all decked out to celebrate the day:

Friday was full of fun with Noah's visit with his grandparents. You can tell he was very taken with them, esp. his Grandpa!

I had a nice visit with my mom, sister Dana and my cousin Jamie on Friday while out shopping. I heard all about Jamie's honeymoon to Italy - I'm so jealous! We BBQ'd at our house that evening with the entire family. Mike did a wonderful job grilling and making a fabulous dinner!

Saturday Mike and I left for Houston to see a college friend of Mike's get married. It was to be our first night together away from Noah. I wasn't worried but I did miss him terribly! We had a nice time catching up with friends and the ceremony and reception were beautiful. Mike and I tried sleeping in Sunday but I guess our bodies are accustomed to getting up with Noah. We were up and on our way by 9am.

It was great to be home - the smiles we got from Noah told us he missed us and was glad to see us as well!
We were so fortunate to have family surrounding us this weekend!
We hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th!
Blessings,
Corri, Mike and Noah



No comments:

Post a Comment