Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sick Baby

This week was just like any other - busy at work and busy at home. There was one slight exception though. Noah had his 6 mo. doctor apt. on Wed. It was time for more shots - OUCHY! Except, this time we didn't get them as the doctor discovered something else - Noah had Strep! He wasn't showing any signs so I think we caught it pretty early. He was still eating and acting like his happy little self. We got him on Amoxicillen and we'll go back to the doctor on Friday for shots and to make sure he has a clean bill of health.

Besides the strep, we found out that Noah is over 18 lbs now (he sure feels heavier!) and is avg. weight, height and head circumference. :-) So, while I say I have a "chunky monkey" he is normal for his age!
The doctor also told us we should start having Noah try to feed himself (which we tried and he was NOT having it!). That is going to take some time and a lot of patience! We are also supposed to get him using a sippy cup. Both of these are to teach him that he has control over his food.
He took to to the sippy cup pretty easily as you can see from the below!





We have been trying the sippy cup during eating times (as he does get a little messy) and Noah also likes to show off his flexibility skills. He loves his left foot!




Since Noah was sick, he couldn't go to daycare so I stayed home with him on Thursday. He's been doing so much better taking naps in his bed. He slept really well while I was home and I was able to get some work done. I think his little body was just worn out so sleep is just what he needed.

One thing I discovered while at home with Noah on Thursday is that while he doesn't yet crawl, he knows how to get around! He uses his left foot to push himself around on his belly. I was working at the table and Noah was on the floor in front of the TV. Well, he was the minute I looked up anyway and the next minute he was gone! I panicked briefly because I didn't hear him but as it turns out, he was busy exploring under the coffee table! Looks like we'll have to keep a closer eye on him quicker than we expected!!


Mike stayed home with him on Friday which was nice they could spend some time together since Mike left for Houston that evening to participate in his Fantasy Football draft. Noah and I were on our own for the weekend!



Saturday I had a bridal shower I was co-hosting so Aunt Dana came over and babysat. You can see how much fun they had together. Noah was worn out from all the playtime!

Saturday evening Noah and I attended a dinner in honor of a friend who's expecting a little girl in November. Noah is developing a little bit of stranger anxiety (which we noticed at the doctor's office) and again at the restaurant. He freaked out when we got there so I held him most of the evening. Towards the end of dinner, he let me put him in his high chair and he also let one of the girls hold him. Looks like he just wants to make sure mommy isn't going anywhere before he opens up to others. Hopefully this will be a brief phase and he'll become a little more outgoing as he gets older. Other than that, he was an angel - he has been so good on outings, even though he hasn't been well and he was so tired.



Sunday we waited for daddy to get home. Noah kept himself busy watching the Olympics and sucking on his fingers. The tooth we saw last week is coming in nicely but its still just the one. We're on the lookout for the second.

Noah was pretty happy to see daddy once he got home so I let the boys hang out while I painted our guest room. After 3 1/2 years of living in the house, I'm finally getting that room done! So, for anyone who wants to visit, I now have a room I'm happy to have guests stay in!


Another weekend gone - how quickly they pass. We are now looking forward to a visit from Grandpa Blick and Aunt Megan this coming weekend! We're also taking 6 month pictures on Friday so we'll have some of those to share soon!
God Bless!
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment