Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grandpa Blick's Visit

Mike and I continued to have another week of Noah waking several times throughout the night. Fortunately we have his 15 month Dr. appointment on Friday so we'll talk to the doctor to find out if there is anything else we can do to get him to sleep again!
Thursday night Mike and I had the pleasure of dining with several of my co-workers (including my VP and our CMO) at the house of Tre Wilcox, Top Chef contestant, courtesy of our vendor, GOOGLE. It was quite the 5 course meal and Mike and I had to roll ourselves home! We spent a lot of time at our table with my VP and CMO. Hopefully I got some good brownie points with them!
My dad came to visit on Friday and I had the day off so was able to greet him that afternoon at the house. We went to Noah's daycare around 3 to join him for snack time. When we arrived, he was not his normally cheerful self. He took one look at Grandpa and he couldn't stop staring. He had just woken up from his nap and I think he was so startled to see him. He knew something wasn't right (Grandpa never comes to see him at school!). After a few minutes of shock, he immediately wanted Grandpa to hold him. It was so great to see how comfortable he was with him! We got home and they were able to spend some time together before heading to dinner that evening.



Dad went to put on his hat so they could go outside to play. Noah loves hats! We thought we'd try it on him to see how it fit. He's just too cute!




Saturday Mike Noah and I ran around while dad and Dana spent some time together. Mike and I would like to tile our bathroom so we thought we should start looking around. We found some and now are just waiting on a quote from a contractor!! Hopefully we can get that project done within the next month!
Sunday was a beautiful Mother's Day! Noah and Mike got me a massage that I will be enjoying next weekend (a much needed one, I might add!) I received beautiful cards from my family and Noah showered me with love and hugs!

We enjoyed a lovely breakfast out together although Noah wasn't too interested in eating at first. He lounged on Grandpa taking a little cat nap before the food came.

Me and my honey!
When Noah did finally wake, he couldn't get enough of the flowers on the table.


When we got home from breakfast, Noah was in such a great mood, we decided it was time to dance! Noah is so cute when he's groovin' to the music. He brings such joy to us and I couldn't be prouder to be his mother! And it's thanks to my mother, and to Mike's that we're able to raise such a healthy, beautiful boy!

We love you!! Happy Mother's Day!
xoxo,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment