Friday, March 26, 2010

Moving Weekend

Last week/weekend was such a blur! I know it has taken me a week to post about last weekend, but that is due in part that we do not yet have internet services at home, which leaves me to write this at work. As you can imagine, there has not been much time!

So, we officially moved into our house last Friday. We were very fortunate in that my mother came to visit Thurs-Sunday and was so amazing taking care of Noah with the moving, unpacking, etc. He also loves when Grandma visits so he was quite happy with her company. We got everything out of our house Thursday night and moved in with Dana for the night. It was one big slumber party. We were not supposed to gain entry to the new house until noon on Friday as the old owners insisted that housekeeping come and clean that morning. I decide to drop by at 10:30 anyway, since I was out and about. No one was around so I let myself in. They never had anyone clean and no one ever showed up. The house was dirty and they left marks all over the walls from their move. As you can imagine, I was pissed. I spent much of the day cleaning up their gross leftovers. By the end of the day, I was mostly calmed down, but I was not a happy camper!

Everything began happening at once that afternoon: the refrigerator was delivered, Direct TV came to hook up the cable and the movers showed up. Talk about efficiency! It all came together nicely. We spent the entire weekend unpacking and trying to find homes for all of our stuff. We also found some things that needed to be updated/replaced in the home so I took a few trips to Lowes/Home Depot. I think that will be our home away from home again this weekend.

I was not ready to go back to work on Monday as there was still so much to do in the house, but I guess in order to pay for this new house, we have to work! The commute was a definite improvement over leaving from Sachse and I think I can say the same for Mike, so that was a nice plus. Mike had been traveling a few days this past week so it was me and the kiddo. We've still be struggling with sleeping at night and it has been a challenge! The best news about that is for whatever reason, all of a sudden two nights ago, Noah once again began sleeping through the night! I don't know if it has anything to do with this "tot clock" we bought. For those of you who have children not sleeping, this is supposed to help. I can let you know more details if you have an interest- just let me know! We're just so happy that we've had two nights of uninterrupted sleep! Knock on wood that it continues!

We are making progress on the house, but we're still stepping over boxes and trying to figure out where stuff is going to go. For anyone who knows me, you know how painful this is! I want it all in a place, with the rooms painted, furniture in and curtains/pictures on the windows and walls. I know it all takes time (and money!) but "I want it NOW"!!! (Varuka Salt - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).
This weekend will be spent doing more of the same but the weather should be beautiful so I'm sure we'll explore the neighborhood and take Noah on some walks. Just happy it's Friday.

Have a great weekend everybody!
Love,
Corri, Mike and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment