and pause...
Ok, I'm back at now 10p - yes, Mike and I each had to take a kid to get them to sleep. This does not bode well for overnight. I guarantee that both will be up at some point in the middle of the night. Super.
Did I mention yet that we tried cereal for Ian for the first time on Mar. 8? He did ok briefly but then decided he'd had enough and just wanted his bottle.
We've tried off and on since that day and he was never really interested. I tried again tonight and good news! He actually ate all of it and only had 2 meltdowns in the process. He's been spitting up a lot of his milk lately (which I think is due to all of the mucus he's swallowing) so hopefully the cereal will help settle his stomach. Fingers crossed we can get him to continue eating it every night.
As I mentioned in my last blog entry, we took the boys to the St. Patty's Day parade, however, had to leave shortly after the parade actually began due to Ian being sick. Noah did get to celebrate at school, however, and they decorated cookies. I think he had a good time.
The boys also had field day at school. It was an unseasonably warm day and Ian loves to be outside (can you tell?). Noah on the other hand, was his typical moody self. He did finally snap out of it, but I suppose it's "tough being a three year old"!
And yes, those are all homemade shirts the kids did at school!
March 19, we were having some fun with Ian. He's become such a happy little boy. He smiles all the time. It's been such a joy with him!
This should just make you smile. Ian is having a grand ole conversation with us which just entertains us to no end!
Noah has had several weekends of birthday parties. He's had so much fun at each of them, but I don't think it can top attending Olivia McWilliam's 4th birthday. She had a petting zoo in the backyard. Yes, you heard me. A petting zoo. Insane! Needless to say, it was extremely difficult to get Noah out of there!
Noah also rode a small horse around the backyard. Just nuts - but what a great time for the kids!
I was in California all week (until late Thurs. night) for work. Mike was such a trooper with the boys. I know he had some help from Matt and Dana but he hung in there without any complaints - I was very impressed! Honestly, I'm not sure I could have done the same. The day I flew home though, Ian got a pretty high fever that lasted throughout the night. That meant I was staying home on Friday (not that I minded - it had been a long week away!) Ian did much better and while he did get slightly warm again, the fever didn't seem to come back, he continued eating and I think was just genuinely happy to see Mama (at least that's what I tell myself!)
Noah had soccer practice yesterday and I think for the first time, actually participated through the whole practice! He's doing really well - although he says he doesn't like it. I think Mike and I are going to keep him going; I like that he gets the exercise and activity around other kids. It's also time to start thinking about swimming lessons. They are both typically Saturday morning. That is a dilemma. I don't think I'll have the trouble with Ian in the water as I do Noah. He loves being in it and isn't bothered in the least when water gets in his eyes (to this day, Noah cries in the tub if water runs down his face - who is this kid?!)
It was a busy weekend all around - Mike felt ill Saturday morning and was unable to help our friends move as initially planned. He was pretty much laid up all day and it still carried over to Sunday. I think he's on the mend though. I hope so at least as we are taking Noah to California on Thursday to spend the weekend with some friends (who also have a 3 year old) and going to Disneyland on Friday. It should be a really great time! Grandma Blick has graciously agreed to come to Dallas and take care of Ian for us. And before I forget, Friday night (4/1) marked the very first haircut for Ian Nicholas! Yes, that's right. After his bath, I finally got fed up with how long his hair had gotten in the back! It was becoming completely unmanageable so instead of trying to comb through it, I chopped it off. Now, I wouldn't look too closely at it, as it is uneven and I think I even missed a spot (so you try cutting the hair of a squirmy 5 mo. old!) It's not the easiest thing in the world and he wasn't too happy that I was doing it either. Between Dana and I though, I think we did a decent job. And he still looks adorable. :-) I will get some pictures taken and posted so you can see the cutie yourselves!
And, finally, I'll end this post, but not without mentioning that I am typing this on our brand new 22" iMac computer! It is a beautiful thing! I'm still adjusting to the changes from a PC but so far, I LOVE it!! (so maybe I'll write more often as an excuse to use this amazing technology) :-)
I will definitely post pictures next week/weekend of our travels to CA and the fun times I'm sure we're to have!
PS.
HAPPY 5 MONTH BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL IAN! HE IS GROWING WAY TOO FAST!!
Cheers,
The Reichert family





No comments:
Post a Comment